Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Watery/Gooey Eyes

My LO is 2 weeks old now and today he woke up with a lot of yellow dried up goo around his eyes , I took it as just being eye boogers and washed them off but his eyes have been watery and kinda had some gooey stuff in them. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this with their LO and what it was? He had his check up and everything was fine like a week ago , but now I'm worried..
Laker Mommy ...Proud Momma to Michaela Ruth ( 5 years old) , Chantz Elwood (22 months old ) and cooking up baby Camden Carter (Due Date Feb. 8th 2012

Re: Watery/Gooey Eyes

• Totally normal-- blocked tear ducts are super common.  Just use a warm compress to cleanse as needed.  Call your pedi, but both of my kids had this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my son had the same thing in his right eye, poor thing looked like a pirate for a week or so!! lol!! but his pedi said its totally normal and to use warm compress like pp said, and also to rub the inner corner of the eye, rub it clockwise 10x then counter clockwise 10 x and do that about 3 times a day, it helped my lo get over it with in a week!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Blocked tear ducts are normal, but my friend referred me to this site (https://bit.ly/AcjzAZ) when I experienced the same thing. The doctors on here said that you should watch out for the white of the eye getting red or discharge increases. There are also a couple more tips on steps that you can take to help open up the tear ducts.
  • imagealeeshp:
    Blocked tear ducts are normal, but my friend referred me to this site (https://bit.ly/AcjzAZ) when I experienced the same thing. The doctors on here said that you should watch out for the white of the eye getting red or discharge increases. There are also a couple more tips on steps that you can take to help open up the tear ducts.

Nice - checked it out. So massaging under the eye and between the eyes and nose.

• imagemjazzy:

imagealeeshp:
    Blocked tear ducts are normal, but my friend referred me to this site (https://bit.ly/AcjzAZ) when I experienced the same thing. The doctors on here said that you should watch out for the white of the eye getting red or discharge increases. There are also a couple more tips on steps that you can take to help open up the tear ducts.

Nice - checked it out. So massaging under the eye and between the eyes and nose.

My DS is still dealing with this in his left eye. Massage that little tear duct area when you nurse or feed and just wipe the eye off a couple of times a day with a warm washcloth - use a clean one each time! If his eye turns red, it's time to call the doc, but it should be fine! 

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"