Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How long does it take to lose weight?

Given that I'll eat a healthy diet in the coming months, how long will it take for me to lose weight?

Re: How long does it take to lose weight?

• I have heard that it should take about 9 months to take it off since it took 9 months to put it on.  With that being said, I am planning on 1-2lbs per week.  I figure it will come off easier in the beginning and hit wall after a while.  I am doing weight watchers and that is what they recommend anyway.  I didn't try very hard after my first baby but with my second I am 3 weeks postpartum and I am already on weight watchers and walking daily.  Good luck!  Even when it starts to come off it hangs on your middle f o r e v e r!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Everyone is different. I was down to my pre-preg weight by 5 weeks pp. I didn't do anything special, just breastfed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that depends on how much weight you gained during pregnancy, how much you lose after the birth, if you are breastfeeding, and what your diet is like after pregnancy. I gained 36lbs and initially lost 19lbs after DD was born. Then after breastfeeding and a major decrease in appetite, I've been losing 2-3lbs average every few days. I'm down 30lbs with 6 more to go until I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Also, in addition to what PP said, I think what you've done prior to giving birth helps too. I worked out the entire time leading up to birth, walking 4-5 miles continuously, ab work outs, yoga, etc.
  • I am 6wks pp--at 5wks pp I was down below my pre-preg weight. But I only gained 23lbs too. FF not BF
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yeah tons of factors will affect this... Im down over 25 lbs so far, and I havent been trying to lose the weight, its just happening.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• There are so many variables!  With my first I gained 38, but I started underweight.  Starting out small, I was told by my OB that I would naturally hang on to some weight as I nursed.  Sure enough, by  6 weeksPP I had 6 lbs to go to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight.....and those 6 lbs hung around until 6 mo. PP, which was 3 mo. after I stopped nursing.  

This time, same deal...started underweight, gained 32, and at 7 wks PP I have an extra 9 above my pre-pregnancy weight to go but seem to have hit that wall.  I'm convinced my nursing boobs have to add an extra lb a piece!  Lol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I gained 20 lbs during my pregnancy .. my baby was born Feb 5 and by Feb 12, I was actually 3 lbs below my prepregnancy weight .. and I am breastfeeding ..
    image Visit The Nest!
    imageimage
  • With DD I lost it all in 2 weeks. 

Since having DS, I have about 10lbs to go, but I gained a little more with this pregnancy. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I was back to pre-pregnancy weight 2.5 weeks after birth. I gained about 30 pounds and did not do any exercise while pregnant or after. I am BFing. It came off quick with DS#1, too. 
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"