May 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone have a few consecutive big weight gains?

Over the holidays I had a big weight gain of 11 pounds in a 5 week period, oops! The following appointment at my 25 week, I had gained another 7 pounds. I go next week and looking at the scale already, I'm guessing I'll have gained another 6-8 pounds. I really don't eat terribly! My doctor doesn't seem concerned and said I'm probably putting on the bulk in 2nd tri and will slow down. (here's to hoping!)

I can't help but feel down about it though. Anyone else feel like they're gaining like crazy?  

Re: Anyone have a few consecutive big weight gains?

• Options

Yes!  Last month I gained 10 lbs in one 4 week period.  I don't go to the doctor until next thursday again, but I've already gained 8 lbs since my appointment 3 weeks ago.  I don't know what I am doing wrong. I don't think my eating habits are too terrible either.  I gained a lot of weight with #1, but it seemed more steady.

I also took all the weight off pretty quickly the last time, so I am hoping it is the same this time around as well... fingers crossed. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes, I do.  I have gained 12 pounds in 6 weeks.

I have also gained almost all the weight I was supposed to in 30 weeks.

My OB is not concerned, so I feel better about it, but wish I would have been smarter about eating choices in the first/early second trimester. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I go to the doctor every 2 weeks, and it's been +3 or +4 every 2 weeks, so that's 7 or 8 pounds a month for both January and February.  My total is 24 now, with 10 weeks left, and my doctor hasn't said anything to me about it... but I'm reeeally hoping that it shows down for this last trimester. I really don't want to gain 14-16 more!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    I have had some big ones, but I find it's pretty much all directly related to what I am eating. Over Christmas, I ate so much crap and, as a result, gained more than I would have liked. I am already overweight to begin with so I could have standed to gain no weight, but they told me a max of 20 lbs, and I think I was at half that at least by the 2nd trimester LOL. I had no morning sickness in the first trimester, either, I only had extreme hunger!! After Christmas, I cooled it with eating whatever I wanted to put in my mouth, tried to eat as healthy as I possibly could, and as a result, I LOST 4 lbs. Again, since I am overweight and was already rapidly gaining, they were fine with this. But I took that as a liberty to get back on the, "eat whatever I want" bandwagon and now I'm sure I've gained big time again (was only up a lb at my last appointment).
    --Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I totally understand your feelings. I did so well in the first 20 weeks and then I started gaining like crazy. I am 30 weeks and plus 27lbs. I do not think I eat that bad and I excerise 3 to 4 times a week. This totally freaks me out because I don't want to gain a lot more. My doctor says, I am fine and that the weight gain tapers off in the 3rd trimester. We will see when I go next week. Fingers crossed.
  • Options

I gained 11 pounds in a 4 week period...my doctors have definitely told me i should be gaining a half a pound a week. but my rate has been 2 pounds a week. lol

Sad I know! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. At 20 weeks I was up 14lbs. Now at 28 weeks in up to 27lbs total. I have stopped getting on the scale. Oddly enough since ive gained the extra weight ive been more comfortable. I guess its not just bone im leaning on anymore I added some cushion. My doctor has yet to complain. 
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thank you ALL so much for your replies. I guess our bodies are just doing what they need to...but it can be a bit depressing! The weird thing is, when I look in the mirror, I don't see 8-10 pounds added onto my frame every month, so maybe it's mostly belly?

I'm also hoping the weight gain slows down now that I've hit the 3rd trimester. I am seeming to get fuller faster, so maybe that will help! LOL. Whatever the case, we're making beautiful, healthy babies, and I can't ask for much more :)

• Options

I gained a lot of weigth from like 18-28 weeks.  Since 28 weeks my weight gain has slowed down a lot, to basically 1 pound or less a week.  I have hit my max weight gain goal with 9 weeks left, but if from here on out I gain 1 pound a week I will feel okay about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Yup, I feel the same way. I gained 8 pounds between weeks 16 and 20, another 7 pounds at my 24w appointment, and then another 6 or 7 at my 28 week appointment (I was up 24 pounds total for the pregnancy.)  My OB said she wasn't really concerned, that I was still healthy in terms of my vitals and BP, etc. and that some women just gain more, and that the weight would probably taper off.  At my 30 week appointment I actually lost 2 pounds, so I guess she's right and it is slowing down.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had a big one between weeks 20 and weeks 24 about 8lbs or so in 4 weeks. I was up 18 lbs at my last appt. I go tomorrow and according to my home scale I am up 20lbs. So I had about 2 lb gain in 4 weeks not bad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    imagetheresat858:

I have gained 10 lbs in the past 4 weeks.

...why don't you have a scale at home so you can track these things as they are happening instead of being shocked at the doc's office?  I weigh myself most days, so at least my weight gain isn't a surprise to me.

I'm hoping to slow it down by focusing on choosing healthy foods rather than the junk that had snuck back into my diet.  

I did last night at Target :/

• Options
    At every appointment I keep waiting for my doctor to tell me to watch my weight, but nothing yet! I am constantly gaining, which is not surprising because I'm always hungry. I was a healthy weight to start, but am now up 30 lbs at 28 weeks. You are not alone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"