June 2012 Moms
Options

For mom's with 2 or more LO's

Is it just me...or is the excitement just not there for you this time either? Meaning, we have absolutely nothing for this LO bought, no name picked out or anything. I need a new crib set, car seat, some more clothes and just odds and ends things and I have yet to go and start on any of it. I'll be 6mos this Sat and have no excitement or ambition to go and get these things. BLAH. Is it just a funk or has it become "whatever" for me????? Sorry I haven't posted in a while, just been lurking here lately, but had to ask this one question.
BabyName Ticker image IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: For mom's with 2 or more LO's

• Options

This is my 3rd LO and I'd have to say my answer is a little "yes and no". I am actually enjoying this pregnancy the most and am really really excited to have this LO join our family, so in that way there's a lot of excitement. Maybe even more than before because with #1 I didn't know what I was in for or how in love I'd be, and with #2 I was nervous about juggling 2 kids and having 2 under 2, etc. This time I know I'll survive labor and delivery, am confident in my parenting, am excited for the LOs to meet this one, know I'll survive the awful (exhausting) newborn months, and know that my love for my LOs will multiply and not divide. 

On the other hand, I am in no rush to do things like set up a crib/nursery. We have loads of clothes to use from when DS was a baby, and even though we've lent out a lot of other baby-related things to friends and family (like exersaucer, nursing pillow, bumbo, etc) I'm in no hurry to get them back any time soon, if at all. I dont think it's a lack of excitement so much as it's being busy with my other LOs and being a lot more relaxed for when this one arrives. I know LO will survive without those things, and if we do need them, there's time afterwards to worry about it. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You explained it way better than I did! That's how I'm feeling for the most part. I guess it's just that I am so relaxed about it like you said that I have no sense of urgency about the nursery being ready or anything. I guess that's good in a sense. I have enough stressors in my life with my other 2 LO's right now. LOL
    BabyName Ticker image IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemymonkeykeys:
    You explained it way better than I did! That's how I'm feeling for the most part. I guess it's just that I am so relaxed about it like you said that I have no sense of urgency about the nursery being ready or anything. I guess that's good in a sense. I have enough stressors in my life with my other 2 LO's right now. LOL

Exactly! :) And I'm really enjoying NOT having that same sense of urgency too. It's just kinda nice to know from experience that things will work out whether the newborn clothes are prewashed or not, whether the crib is assembled or not, etc. Like i said, this is my most enjoyable pregnancy yet, and I definitely think that's a factor. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"