December 2010 Moms

Saw my OB and ?

Mon I saw my OB the first thing she did was give me the biggest longest hug and told me how sorry she was that I lost my baby and she got all teary eyed. I love her so much! She was great when I had Kiya and made sure she was there for her delivery she even called every hour to check on me while I was in labor at the hospital, the nurses said that never happens.  On mon she said that everything looks good and that I can start ttc right away. Whoo :)

It was a rough week for me to finally accept what happened and to move on to the next stage of my life. I sat around for hours trying to find answers to why it happened or what I could of done different to finally realize I did nothing wrong and it just wasn't meant to be. Dh and I joke now that we tried so hard that there was so many sperm competing by time the little guy implanted there just was no fight left in him, I know it not a laughing matter but it has lightend the mood.  

I am ready to jump back on the baby making train and hope for a sticky baby! Here is my dumb question that I forgot to ask my OB... I'm not sure how to calculate when I should be ovulating. Would I use when I had my miscarriage, when I started to bleed, as my period and calculate from that? It was like a heavy period and I had bleeding about the same amount of time as I would with my period. I'm so confused and mad that I didn't ask her. I see her in 3 weeks for a follow up, I'm hoping to be pregnant by then if not I will wait 2 months and try again.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Saw my OB and ?

• I'm so sorry you are going through this. =(

I'm not really sure if you'd consider the m/c a period or not, but you may want to just wait until you get your next period and then go from there? Maybe someone else had insight...or you may want to ask Dr. Google? Good luck with everything...I hope the next one is your sticky/take home baby. =)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • It's really hard to be sure when you will o after a m/c.  I had my miscarriage at the end of January (of 2010).  I then got what was mostly a normal period about 4 weeks later. (I wanted to wait until my cycle returned on its own to start trying again) But then, my cycle was soooo long.  I didn't ovulate until like, day 38 or something. That didn't matter though, because it was still the cycle I conceived Alexander!  I will jump on here later to post my chart from that time, because you'll see it was so weird, but still not impossible--If you ovulate, you can conceive!
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB told me that we will not be able to pinpoint an exact O date. He suggested using an ovulation kit to narrow in on a range of dates for ovulation and if it happens this month, we will do some extra blood work and an ultrasound to guesstimate as close as we can. He said he would rather tell us to start trying now than to tell us we had to wait just to get a correct date.

I have irregular cycles anyways so even if we did wait a cycle, we still wouldn't be 100% sure if the dates were accurate. 

• I think it is possible to ovulate after a m/c before you get your period, but I'm not sure how you would figure that out.  The m/c doesn't count as a period.  I've started temping just to see if/when I ovulate, and then after my first period I will start with OPKs.  My doctor recommended waiting 2 cycles before TTC again, though I think we will just wait one.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • A friend of mine had a m/c and her OB told her that you are most fertile right after the loss. I don't think you count it as a period though but I'm not really sure on that

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • imagejillybean800:
    It's really hard to be sure when you will o after a m/c.  I had my miscarriage at the end of January (of 2010).  I then got what was mostly a normal period about 4 weeks later. (I wanted to wait until my cycle returned on its own to start trying again) But then, my cycle was soooo long.  I didn't ovulate until like, day 38 or something. That didn't matter though, because it was still the cycle I conceived Alexander!  I will jump on here later to post my chart from that time, because you'll see it was so weird, but still not impossible--If you ovulate, you can conceive!

Im really interested to see that chart! Wow day 38 that is crazy!  

• imageJLSmith124:

My OB told me that we will not be able to pinpoint an exact O date. He suggested using an ovulation kit to narrow in on a range of dates for ovulation and if it happens this month, we will do some extra blood work and an ultrasound to guesstimate as close as we can. He said he would rather tell us to start trying now than to tell us we had to wait just to get a correct date.

I have irregular cycles anyways so even if we did wait a cycle, we still wouldn't be 100% sure if the dates were accurate. 

My OB said the same thing about the blood work if I did get pregnant and extra ultra sounds at the beginning just to make sure everything is going ok.  

• Thanks ladies for all the feed back! I wouldn't call my m/c as a period just felt like a heavy one. I'm just so confused on the ovulation part of it.I have an ovulation kit that my friend gave me I think I will give it a try and go from there. 
  • So, did your OB say to try like NOW or right away after you get your next period?  Everything I've ever been told is to wait for your next period and then go ahead.  Except today, the OB said at least after a period but maybe a little longer. 

In any case, I'm glad that your OB rocks.  That really does help!  GL!  ::hugs::

• imagesofamonkey:

So, did your OB say to try like NOW or right away after you get your next period?  Everything I've ever been told is to wait for your next period and then go ahead.  Except today, the OB said at least after a period but maybe a little longer. 

In any case, I'm glad that your OB rocks.  That really does help!  GL!  ::hugs::

She told me that she had no problems with me starting right away. I will see her in 3 weeks and she said that she will test to see if im pregnant then. 

• imageFairy kisses:
    imagesofamonkey:

So, did your OB say to try like NOW or right away after you get your next period?  Everything I've ever been told is to wait for your next period and then go ahead.  Except today, the OB said at least after a period but maybe a little longer. 

She told me that she had no problems with me starting right away. I will see her in 3 weeks and she said that she will test to see if im pregnant then. 

GL!  It took me 5 weeks to have another period too - 36 days I think?  It might be difficult to pin down your O time, and for this cycle, I'd hold off on that monitor or you might be peeing on sticks for 3 weeks!  lol!  GL & I hope your sticky baby comes soon!
  • Thanks! I think I just have this baby on my mind and want it so bad. If it doesn't happen right away then I will be ok with it an hold off trying till May. That is true about the monitor I brought it out but have yet to take a good look at the instructions, maybe I will wait and just full force and blinded into it lol  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"