Single Parents
Options

Oh no. Some of the answers to this scare me

So I was checking out the 2nd trimester board and a single soon to be parent asked a question that we've all asked others before too (I know I did!). However, I think she made the mistake of posting it there and not here on the single parent's board because some of the answers scare me. Some people had no idea why a parent wouldn't put a bd's name on the certificate if they knew he was the father. I haven't seen the original poster post here about this but I hope she will! 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/63747189.aspx 

Re: Oh no. Some of the answers to this scare me

• Options
    I saw that too and told her to come over to this board.  I was kind of worried about some of the replies as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If she does and sees this:

I won't put JF...that's his new anagram...on the birth certificate or sign the AoP because once he does, he has the exact same rights as you do. Meaning, he can walk into the hospital, day care, your home...and take the baby...and there's nothing the police can do about it.

The tri boards are full of less than nice ppl. It makes me sick how they all get mob mentality and attack. Hide behind the veil of the internet...doesn't make you any less a jerk.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageFyreFlyeRush:

I won't put JF...that's his new anagram...on the birth certificate or sign the AoP because once he does, he has the exact same rights as you do. Meaning, he can walk into the hospital, day care, your home...and take the baby...and there's nothing the police can do about it.

The tri boards are full of less than nice ppl. It makes me sick how they all get mob mentality and attack. Hide behind the veil of the internet...doesn't make you any less a jerk.

This is not necessarily true, depending on where you live.  In Illinois, even having a father on the BC or having him acknowledge paternity doesn't give him any rights.  If you were never married, he will have to go to court to get any sort of visitation or legal rights.

It's best to speak to a lawyer and know the laws of your state.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageturtle1120:
    imageFyreFlyeRush:

This is not necessarily true, depending on where you live.  In Illinois, even having a father on the BC or having him acknowledge paternity doesn't give him any rights.  If you were never married, he will have to go to court to get any sort of visitation or legal rights.

It's best to speak to a lawyer and know the laws of your state.

This is how it is for me. We did the paternity test to put DD's BD on her BC. She has my last name and I have full physical and legal custody. Just because he is on the BC doesn't really mean anything. It just means that I get CS. DD hasn't even heard or seen her BD in a year. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"