TTC After a Loss

I'm hungry and want to eat everything

I have a ravenous appetite this morning. I was starving when I got to work so bad that I felt weak. I ate my oatmeal and then was tempted to eat all my snacks for the day. I even looked at the lunch menu hoping there would be something substantial for lunch that would hold me over for the day....but no, nothing tastey. I am having some black cherry tea to try to stop me from devouring everything in sight. Meanwhile, I changed my top three times this morning trying to disguise my fat...ugh. What's your favorite go-to snack to hold you over?
3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I'm hungry and want to eat everything

• Almonds, bananas, or apples do the trick for me!  
  • bananas

peanut butter

• Loading the player...
  • I am always hungry at work.  I usually drink about 2 liters of water (which helps me to feel more full) and snack on almonds and yogurt.  I am not saying that I don't cave and eat junk every now and then, but this definately helps.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 11/09; 5/11: lap (endometriosis-cleared), HSG (high pressure in tubes- cleared) and Hystoscopy (endocervical polyp - removed)

8/5/11: BFP; 11/14/11: no heartbeat on US; 11/16/11: delivered my angel baby, 19w1d; 12/15/11: D&C

PgAL/PAL Welcome

• I think about food all the time!! I am one of those that grazes all day long and only eats dinner as a meal.

I always have the following handy:

Bananas, trial mix, apples, jerky (my DH makes the most rocking jerky), luna bars, string cheese, cup of soup, almonds, dry cereal (I love eating it dry), stuff for a protein shake, slices of ham (don't like sandwiches but do like eating the ham on its own) triscuts, I.must.stop.now

OMG - great, now I think I eat too much...

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 4legsrbest...you're too funny. I have had oatmeal, an apple, activia yogurt and a peice of gum. I drink a ton of water...on my thrid big cup for the day not including my tea. Still hungry...40 minutes till a reasonable time to have lunch.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Peanut butter on toast is my go to. It's got a decent amount of protein and if you put it on whole wheat you get a nice bit of fiber to. If I'm extra hungry I'll slice up an apple to eat with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Ditto on the water!!  A lot of times I think I am hungry and I can eat and eat and eat and still not feel full and then I realize that I've hardly drank any water.  Once I do, I stop feeling hungry.

Our brain can often misinterpret needing water, for hunger. 

And other times, I'm just hungry a lot because I have my period.   

Sad 

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• I always eat like a crazy person right before my period.  Greek yogurt is an excellent solution for me.

• imagedelino:
    4legsrbest...you're too funny. I have had oatmeal, an apple, activia yogurt and a peice of gum. I drink a ton of water...on my thrid big cup for the day not including my tea. Still hungry...40 minutes till a reasonable time to have lunch.

Ha! And I am still eating - just had pita and hummus. DH better get home before I eat one of the dogs! Starving...

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"