Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Only eating half of her bottles

Let me apologize in advance for I'm bumping from my iPhone.

My LO is almost 6 months and all of the sudden she is drinking half of her bottles. She's gone from drinking 7 oz every 3 hours to only drinking 4 oz every 3 hours. I know she is teething though no teeth have broken through yet. She's already had 3 ear infections but she's not acting like its her ears this time. She's also on Zantac for reflux but she's not arching her back or spitting up like its reflux. Could this just be teething? Sorry FTM and just concerned. This is day two of her eating like this. Would you call the pedi tomorrow if this were to continue? 

TIA  

Re: Only eating half of her bottles

• If you see any sign of ear infection or are at all worried about that I would call.

However, if you don't think it's that, I wouldn't be too concerned.

My almost 7 month old goes in streaks where she only drinks 1/2 bottles too. Sometimes it's teeth (she starts chewing the nipple instead of drinking and about a day later a tooth pops up). Other times..well...I don't know what it is.

Then she'll go through streaks where she can't get enough bottle to make up for it.

I never worried much about it as it comes and goes and she otherwise seems fine.

I asked the pedi once on a regular visit and all he said was, "Don't you have days where you eat more or less than others?" ;)

• We went through the same thing with teething and also when we started introducing solids.   If she is sucking the nipple flat or getting frustrated while eating, it could be time to go up a nipple size, but as long as you are still getting a normal amount of wet diapers I wouldn't worry.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"