Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Help- teething??

My LO has not been eating well since Friday. She has been taking about half her bottles and going longer stretches without eating. She also has been having a bit of diarrhea. She doesn't have a temperature and has been acting pretty happy, lots of smiles but she's not sleeping well. Normally she loves her bottles and always finishes them and always slept well. Her two bottom teeth came in a few weeks ago and we had a couple of bad nights but nothing like this. Anyone else experience something like this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help- teething??

• Yes! DS had an episode of crying tonight. I took some mom's advice about giving him Orajel and it worked! I'd give it a try!
  • I've tried orajel before and it didn't work for us. I'm not even sure if it is teething this time or if she's coming down with something. I'm worried about her getting dehydrated.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have given DD rice rusks to gnaw on and it makes her happy.

Pedi says Orajel causes numbing in the throat as well as the gums so can hurt the gag reflex if choking occurs. Be careful with that! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been dealing with a VERY similar situation with my little guy (in fact, I also posted a question about it on this same message board last week).  Mine has been refusing bottles altogether for two weeks, and only breastfeeds from me.  He used to drink bottles all the time, so it's weird.  He's generally still a happy baby, but has more bouts of fussiness than in the past, and he's waking up more often now too.  Like you, I am wondering if it is teething.  We've been to the doctor a couple of times since he stopped drinking bottles, and the doctor said that as long as he's breastfeeding and having normal pees and a normal intake of solids, that he's probably ok.  If you haven't already, I would take your LO in to see the pediatrician, just to rule out any other issues.  Most likely though our little ones are just going through a phase, and likely teething.  But it's super frustrating, believe me I know!
  • imageAshleySDSU:
    I've been dealing with a VERY similar situation with my little guy (in fact, I also posted a question about it on this same message board last week).  Mine has been refusing bottles altogether for two weeks, and only breastfeeds from me.  He used to drink bottles all the time, so it's weird.  He's generally still a happy baby, but has more bouts of fussiness than in the past, and he's waking up more often now too.  Like you, I am wondering if it is teething.  We've been to the doctor a couple of times since he stopped drinking bottles, and the doctor said that as long as he's breastfeeding and having normal pees and a normal intake of solids, that he's probably ok.  If you haven't already, I would take your LO in to see the pediatrician, just to rule out any other issues.  Most likely though our little ones are just going through a phase, and likely teething.  But it's super frustrating, believe me I know!
    Yeah I hope it's just a phase or teething. She's been having more diarrhea since yesterday but still no temp. I called my doctor this morning just waiting for her to get back to me!
  • Duplicate post
  • imageKimbus22:
    DS did this last week.  We thought it was teething but then realized he was getting a cold.  If you're worried about dehydration, DS wouldn't take his formula bottle but he did take pediatlyte.  I think sometimes if they're coming down with a cold and starting to get mucousy, the diary is harder to swallow. 
    Hmm I wonder if I should try pedialyte.. I'll see what the doc says when I talk to her. The diarrhea is becoming more frequent so I'm getting more worried about dehydration.
  • We are going through the same thing, cant tell if its teething or a cold, took him to the doctor but with just a slight fever its hard to tell. She just told me lots of fluids, so water since we havent givin him juice yet. Poor lil things.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dds first symptom of ear infection was diarrhea... After the cold of course.  Maybe??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"