Northern California Babies

Poll: Girl Scout Cookies

Now that Girl Scout Cookies are making the rounds, what is your favorite GSC??  If you need a refresher on the flavors, here you go: LINK

Do you miss any of the "retired" flavors?

BONUS: Have you tried the new "Birthday Cake Oreo" cookie??  

Re: Poll: Girl Scout Cookies

• I have the wonderful joy of selling GS cookies this year!  I have 7 cases of them in my garage right now. 

I like Samoas except I haven't eaten any this year.  The new lemon ones (Savannah Smiles) are good.  

I like the Lemonaides. I hope they bring those back next year. 

I have not tried the new Oreos.  

imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • I'm actually not a big fan of the modern cookies.  As a kid we used LU Burry as our cookie baker in my council and I miss a lot of their cookies.  The scot-tea trefoil shortbread had sugar crystals.  The thin mints had a white center.  The hoedown peanut butter patty tagalong didn't have such a waxy coating.  I even liked the Kookaburra better than the carmel delite/samoa of today.
  • Loading the player...
  • My favorite is the Samoas. Followed by the Peanut Butter Patties and the Thin Mints. I always get at least once box of each.

I also bought the Savannah Smiles this year, and they were quite good. I'm not certain if I'll buy them again next year or not... but I'm not ruling it out. Smile

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• I like Thin Mints and Tagalongs the best, but I can't have any this year Crying  DH is doing his part to support the GS by consuming enough cookies for both of us ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am addicted to those Oreos and am making the people around me eat them too. NOM!
  • I love Thin Mints and Samoas!!I have a couple 3 boxes of each on top of my fridge right now.

Those Birthday Cake Oreos...OMG so good!!! I made truffles out of them last weekend. DH and I inhaled those. I have another box in my pantry..I may or may not make truffles out of them or the birthday cake brownies that have been popping up on Pinterest.

• off the cookie topic but i was just wondering, does anyone know how much it costs to be a girl scout?
  • imageRoxysMama:
    off the cookie topic but i was just wondering, does anyone know how much it costs to be a girl scout?
    $12.  Financial aid for those who qualify
  • imageMrs.BoomBoom:
    imageRoxysMama:
    off the cookie topic but i was just wondering, does anyone know how much it costs to be a girl scout?
    $12.  Financial aid for those who qualify

wow thats it. i was expecting something awful. thanks for the info. dd is about 5 years away from it, lol, but i like to think ahead 

• Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs are my favorites. The Thanks A Lots are really good too as are the Savannah Smiles (eating some right now). The Lemonaides were just ok. I'm going to get a few more boxes of the Thanks A Lots from my friend before cookie selling season is over since none of the troops in our area sell them (different bakers).
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • I LOVE Samoas and Tagalongs...I am not having any this year though :( . Darn GF diet!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • I bought 5 boxes of both Samoas and Thin mints.  I am lucky my favs are still around.  I have finished off 3 boxes of samoas all by myself and DH has helped with 3 boxes of frozen thin mints.  I might have to try the new lemon ones.

I have not tried the birthday oreos yet, but they sound good.

Mike'sBride8/08/09 So Blessed Image and video hosting by TinyPic FAMILYTICKER.COM Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"