Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Parties at Gymboree or other play centers?

At the parties you have been to or if you are throwing one, do they usually have pizza/sandwiches and snacks- or just cake?  I feel like I need to have food besides cake but I want to see if that is the norm.  I am thinking of doing the party 3-5 so it will be pretty darn close to dinner time.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Parties at Gymboree or other play centers?

• I've only been to one at a bounce place and there was only cake.  But it was my sister who threw it and she's cheap.  Obviously Chuck E Cheese has pizza. I'll be going to one in a few weeks at the Magic House and I can report back what will be served. It's my niece's party and my SIL usually goes above and beyond what's normal, but the party is at 1:30, so I'm not expecting actual food. 
  • I had my son's 3rd birthday party at Gymboree.  They have different packages depending on price- some with food and some without.  In NYC, the prices are crazy to begin with ($600 with no food) and the only time I could get was the 3-5 slot, so I just did a cupcake party.  It turned out great.  The kids played for an hour or so and then  decorated cupcakes themselves.  I decorated some but I knew it would be like a crafts project if they did their own (and it would take up time) - they had a blast decorating their own. 

I did put on the invitation that it was a cupcake party so parents wouldn't wonder whether or not to have the kids eat lunch first.  I think I wrote something like "come join us for playtime and cupcakes" on it.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Loading the player...
  • Depends on the time, I have been to some with pizza and some without. We had DS's party from 3-5 and decided against the pizza. I don't think we would have had time anyway. The kids just wanted to play.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• we brought in a cake, juice boxes and water bottles and had pizza delivered. worked out wonderfully.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"