Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

5 week old with constipation

If any of your LO's have had bad constipation problems, how did you get them regular?

We had to switch to a soy formula which is backing up my LO. Pediatrician told me to give him a little prune juice, but no matter how little I put in one of his bottles, he throws most of it up. If anything stays it gives him an upset belly. Anyone actually USE any other methods that don't cause dependence (ie rectal stimulation, suppositories, etc)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: 5 week old with constipation

• Options
    Q-Tip with vaseline on the end and massage LO's rectum also you could insert about 1/4 of an inch if your comfortable. Take cover there might be an explosion;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My pediatrician told us to put 1tsp of Karo syrup in his bottle. . I also heard other moms suggest apple juice, bicycling the legs in a warm soappy bath as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dark Karo Syrup works WONDERS! DD2 is on Enfamil AR and has horrible constipation. Pedi told me to put 1/2tsp in each bottle (I only put it in 4 out of 7 bottles) and it has helped a lot. Call your Pedi and ask about it and how much/how often to give it to LO. DD2 wouldn't drink prune juice either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"