TTC After a Loss

Do you ever feel like you know too much about TTC?

I remember back in the day I had EWCM and was freaked out thinking that something was wrong with me. I remember thinking that you could get pregnant at any time in your cycle. I remember not knowing what an LP, FP, BBT was. I feel like I know more than a woman should really know about her body.
3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Do you ever feel like you know too much about TTC?

• I definitely feel like this, especially when I'm talking to friends that don't know a lot about the TTC process.  I have one friend that has a baby and one that just found out she's pregnant and neither of them had to really try.
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• Every. Day. Of. My. Life.  Like many of us, I've stretched my own bodily fluids between two fingers and sqeee-ed because it had amazing stretch.  That takes it to another level.
    BFP #1 - Chemical Pregnancy ----BFP#2 - DD born at 32 weeks-----BFP #3 Spontaneous Identical Twin Boys lost due to Missed M/C - on 7/1/11----BFP #4 Baby girl lost due to Trisomy 22 on 1/6/12 PGAL and PAL Always Welcome! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree. I was chatting with a close friend who just got married about TTC. I was saying something about OPKs, BBT, and how important the timing and she had no idea. It just sucks that people get PG so easily without knowing about any of this...guarantee Snooki was not paying attention to her EWCM or even knew what it was.
    BFP #1 (m/c at 9 weeks, 11/11) BFP #2 (DS, 12/11/12) BFP #3 (EDD 10/8/14)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Yes absolutely.  To the point, where I even see those acronyms or terms in everyday life (e.g., like reading my email I'll see the work ovulate, when really it's evaluate or something).  I have to agree with the others though - it is somewhat empowering to be educated about what's going on in there.  This information would have been useful 15yrs ago!

And ditto on the Snooki comment - she most certainly wasn't inspecting her lady parts looking for any signs of EWCM!  Hahaha!

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Not only do I feel that way, but DH does as well. He now thinks he knows as much, if not more, than the OB about fertility, TTC, miscarriage, and all the stuff that goes along with it. We used to have a time when AF visited, and we didn't talk about it; we just didn't BD. Now, he wants to know about flow, how I'm feeling, etc. It's nuts what a difference a couple of years can make!

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• LOL, yes I do feel this way!  I remember thinking the same thing about my EWCM when I was younger, I thought I for sure had a YI and by the time I mustered up the guts to call and make an appointment, it was gone as quickly as it came!

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Definitely.

Even though I am technically still TTA, still kind of recovering from this last D&C, I still find myself checking my CM....every day.

When we are TTC, my DH usually handles it pretty wells, as long as I don't get too in depth talking about it. Because nothing says "romance" like egg white cervical mucous. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Totally.  And I'm proud of that!!  So many women have no clue.  At least we here on TTCAL know what's going on with our bodies.  
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • imagesammer818:
    Not only do I feel that way, but DH does as well. He now thinks he knows as much, if not more, than the OB about fertility, TTC, miscarriage, and all the stuff that goes along with it. We used to have a time when AF visited, and we didn't talk about it; we just didn't BD. Now, he wants to know about flow, how I'm feeling, etc. It's nuts what a difference a couple of years can make!

This. Pretty sure DH is more educated than most of my girlfriends. And when I try to talk to them about it, they just say, "Are you sure?" Um, yes. I'm sure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Blog: One Emerald
    BFP#1: 9-13-11 EDD: 5-26-12 MMC: 11-4-11 D&C: 11-8-11
    BFP#2: 7-6-12 Elizabeth Faye ("Zuzu") born 3-21-13
  • Thanks to TTCAL on the brain 24/7, I am familiar with my cervical position. Maybe just a little too familiar.....
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I remember the good ol days when the only O I was worried about was an orgasam!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I actually really like understanding it and knowing about it. Makes me feel like I understand my body so much more. What I don't like is when people think I'm  nuts for paying attention to it. I see nothing wrong with wanting to understand my body. It's complicated and fascinating. So I guess I do get annoyed then, that some people have the luxury to go about life being naive about this which makes them think I'm nuts. Bugger off!
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• Don't get me wrong...I find it fascinating.  I just wish we didn't have to know all this....stuff.

3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
  • I have learned so much, and I'm better for it, though it is very overwhelming and over the top (yes, I also squee when I stretch my CM between two fingers) at times. I wish some of this information was taught in sex ed or be a required course to take before you get your first pap. I used to think that the girls in my high school who would say "I know my body and know that I can have sex without protection and be ok" were full of sh!t, but now I know those smart little slutty sluts were on to something.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh yeah... We go out to eat and I throw my legs up on the table expecting to get an exam. Just a natural thing now Sad My lady parts are everyone's business. Someone the other day said something about the loss of modesty and I totally get it. I am grateful that my DH will listen to me talk about all my girly baby-making stuff and takes it in stride. I have plenty of friends who have children and don't get why I "just can't get pregnant"... If they only knew!
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like knowing what's going on with my body, but the one downside is how annoyed I get with other women who obviously don't know their own body. When I hear how they are like "clockwork" and they can calendar their O date and such I just roll my eyes. I actually got into an argument with someone because she said you just count 14 days from CD1 to know when you are going to O and trying to explain that it doesn't work this way was like pulling teeth. She knew because that's what she learned. The amount of incorrect information that is floating around is crazy.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• imageLaTi07:
    I like knowing what's going on with my body, but the one downside is how annoyed I get with other women who obviously don't know their own body. When I hear how they are like "clockwork" and they can calendar their O date and such I just roll my eyes. I actually got into an argument with someone because she said you just count 14 days from CD1 to know when you are going to O and trying to explain that it doesn't work this way was like pulling teeth. She knew because that's what she learned. The amount of incorrect information that is floating around is crazy.

SIGGY WARNING!

So so so so so true!! It drives me up a wall! I have to say I felt this way every day in TTCAL and now in PGAL! In the PGAL world I know too much of what could go wrong and this of course worries me (and everyone else). Its amazing what women don't know about their bodies and how much trust people place in their medical doctors. Because some medical doctors must believe what I quoted above hence doing blood work on CD 21. :::sigh:::

~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
    Life During and After RPL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLaTi07:
    I like knowing what's going on with my body, but the one downside is how annoyed I get with other women who obviously don't know their own body. When I hear how they are like "clockwork" and they can calendar their O date and such I just roll my eyes.

This!

BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• I absolutely feel this way.  I have fun with it, though.  I've shared some info with my mom (cause she asks).  I was making a fried egg sandwich for myself at her house the other day and got some egg white on my fingers.  I stretched it out and showed her, saying "This has a WHOLE new meaning to me, now."  I love grossing her out.  lol
    BFP #1 9-15-11; EDD 5-28-12. US 6w2d, growth

BFP #2 12-6-11 and 12-7-11; EDD 8-17-12. US 6w6d measuring 5w6d. Misoprostol Assisted m/c 1-16-12 at 9w3d.

<a href="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/katharine25/?action=view

• In a word (or two), hell yes.

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 6/12/11, MMC@ around 9wks, D&C 8/23/11 at 12wks BFP#2 Jan 2012 CP 1/19/12 **Miss you baby*** PGAL/PAL Very Welcome For I know the plans I have for you,
  • I seriously feel like I could write a whole thesis on the topic. It's definitely good to understand how your body works, but I kinda wish I could be like one of those women who has no clue but gets pregnant at the snap of a finger.
    imageimageimage
    BFP #1 ~ EDD 5.20.2012 ~ MC 10.1.2011
    BFP #2 ~ EDD 11.15.2012 ~ CP 3.7.2012
    BFP #3 ~ DS born 12.03.2012

FF Chart
  • I know what you mean, but I really enjoy knowing what's going on with my body and knowing how things work rather than blindly going about business and hoping that something coincidentally falls togther.  It is frustrating though, when I try to explain some of these things to my friends and they totally don't believe me or think that I'm making it up or something! Hello! I'm trying to educate you!

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I used to think that way... that id be better off being naive again...but now that I know what my issues are its important to me to not get pregnant without the help of my RE and the meds that i need... my knowledge of my own cycle and when im most likely to conceive gives me reassurance that i will never have another M/C because my body is working against me... thats something i would never have known without diving so deeply into this process..

• i find it it fascinating, but a curse at the same time because now I feel like I obesses over every little fertility symptom!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sometimes I definitely feel this way. I catch myself telling people about all the crap we do and it's like...yeah....lol. Especially when they are just married and are still in that naieve just wanna have fun and let what happens happen. :/
    **All WELCOME!**
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    BFP 1 4/2010 M/C 5/1/2010 8w2d EDD 12/10/10 BFP 2 5/5/2011 C/P?? 5/14/2011 5w2d EDD 01/12/12 BFP 3 3/12/2012 EDD 11/23/12 Ultrasound 4/11/12 H/B 160bpm! It's a GIRL!
    BabyName Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"