Nurseries and Baby Gear

Video monitor and breast pumps?

Which ones are best? I don't want to register for anything too expensive.  My husband scanned a $299.99 video monitor and put it on our registry and I was like no way!! We didn't get many gifts for our wedding and ended up buying almost everything ourselves so I am worried we will end doing the same thing with baby stuff. So is a video monitor even necessary? How about a breast pump? I will be home with baby for 3 months, possibly longer if I can.
Alison & Britten-Married April 16, 2011 in Miami Beach Farrah Ann arrived May 4, 2012- 6 weeks early! 5 lbs 6 oz. and 19 1/4 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Video monitor and breast pumps?

• call your insurance company to see if they will cover a breast pump. Mine will if purchased from a home medical supply/equipment retailer.

From what I've read, video monitors are nice to have, especially with a large home, but definitely not a necessity. We have a small house, and I still want one but I don't know if I'll fork over the money for the video function. It's up to you. I like the idea of being able to be outside in the yard or on the porch and being able to see LO instead of running inside everytime he makes noise.

June 2012 Mom (2.5 yr old boy), July 2015 Mom (team green), Babywearing newbie/enthusiast
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I just got the cheapest video monitor at the time I registered (a Summer Infant handheld video monitor that was $179) and it is a lifesaver.  Yes, there are many cooler ones out there that do panning, etc... but when it comes down to it I wanted to be able to hear and see baby first and foremost and this allows me to do so.  I still use it everyday.  We live in a very small home, but having this is great because if he is fussing I can see if he is still laying down and gonna fall back asleep or if he is standing and ready to get up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • If you are going back to work I highly suggest getting a double electric pump and a Simple Wishes pumping bra to make it hands free.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"