TTC After a Loss

RLP update

As expected, nothing came back to indicate any reason for our losses.  They ran the gamut of tests, both on myself and DH.  We are both chromosomally normal.  I do carry one gene for MTHFR, but it isn't the "contributory" one that would cause any weird blood stuff.  There was also a autoimmune lab that came back funky, so he did a retest today, but seems to think it was a lab error, as nothing else indicated an autoimmune problem.  So, the plan is to forge ahead when we are ready.  

ETA:  For documentation reasons, he is ruling the first M/C a chemical pregnancy, the second loss a "twin accident", as he thinks something may have happened either cord entanglement or placenta, and the third loss was obviously chromosomal. 

Added BONUS:  When I asked him if he is concerned about my age (35 in august), he said "What?!  You're in my young group.  Relax."   I am not sure how to feel about any of this, so we'll take it one day at a time.  Thanks for all the support yesterday!  

*special thanks to Angnshaun for reminding me to update!* 

BFP #1 - Chemical Pregnancy ----BFP#2 - DD born at 32 weeks-----BFP #3 Spontaneous Identical Twin Boys lost due to Missed M/C - on 7/1/11----BFP #4 Baby girl lost due to Trisomy 22 on 1/6/12 PGAL and PAL Always Welcome! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: RLP update

• I am glad it went well, but I am sorry that you didn't get any answers. I know that part must be hard. ((Hugs))
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Im really sorry you dont have any answers... that was something i struggled with waiting for it too... the next time you do get pregnant i would ask to have some of the tests rerun...my dr seems to think that some tests are normal until you are pg... i wish you all the good luck in the world!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • imagepangnl79:
    I am glad it went well, but I am sorry that you didn't get any answers. I know that part must be hard. ((Hugs))

This. ((HUGS)) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAngnShaun:

Im really sorry you dont have any answers... that was something i struggled with waiting for it too... the next time you do get pregnant i would ask to have some of the tests rerun...my dr seems to think that some tests are normal until you are pg... i wish you all the good luck in the world!!!!!

I second this, as I had some borderline stuff go back and forth, and last time the blood was drawn I had a VERY slightly positive autoimmune disorder come up,.  It would come with pregnancy complication and future health issues, but the doc insisted it was so very low and on the top of the normal range that I have nothing to worry about.  Anyways, I still am going to request extra blood testing next time I get pg, as I am just not interested in being surprised by anything.

But it is GREAT you got an all clear, other than the alternative of going down yet another difficult path!  Hugs!

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 6/12/11, MMC@ around 9wks, D&C 8/23/11 at 12wks BFP#2 Jan 2012 CP 1/19/12 **Miss you baby*** PGAL/PAL Very Welcome For I know the plans I have for you,
  • I'm sorry you didn't get the answers you were looking for, but sometimes no news is good news...I think. *HUGS*

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Double edged sword...found nothing wrong, but we don't know why it happened. Ugh....(((hugs)))
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ((hugs)) I'm sorry you don't have answers, but then again, at least there's nothing significantly "wrong" either! And woot for 35 being the new 25!
  • I'm sorry you didn't really get any answers.  (((HUGS)))

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Sorry you didn't get the definitive answers you were looking for....which is both good and bad news.

I'm glad you're able to move forward although know how scary it is. One day at a time is great advice.

• imageGatorBaby2012:
    ((hugs)) I'm sorry you don't have answers, but then again, at least there's nothing significantly "wrong" either! And woot for 35 being the new 25!

I'll second this!   

BFP#1: 12/15/11 EDD: 8/21/12 Missed miscarriage @ ~8.5 weeks. D+C: 1/19/12
    BFP#2: 07/04/12 EDD: 03/14/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    *All Welcome*
  • I can totally understand having mixed feelings about and rlp results. ((hugs)) glad you can try again when you are ready. 
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • I'm glad that you got some answers...even if it didn't really help to explain your losses. ((hugs))  I think it's gerat that your doctor sounds positive about working with you and is encouraging you to try again when you're ready though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry for your losses.  It must be frustrating to not have any answers.  Even if your doctor doesn't believe that your MTHFR mutation is causing clotting you still have a limited ability to break down synthetic folic acid which puts you at risk for folate deficiency related pregnancy complications.   You might want to ask your doctor about L-methylfolate.  I work with NeevoDHA, a prenatal specifically indicated for women with the MTHFR polymorphism.  It contains active, already broken down L-methylfolate as an alternative to synthetic folic acid (found in enriched foods and most supplements).  Active L-methylfolate bypasses the MTHFR mutation and 100% bioavailable.  It is something simple and safe you can do to be certain MTHFR-related folate deficiency is not an issue while trying to conceive and during pregnancy.  

Your doctor is right.  You are young!  I was 40 with my last one.  I will cross my fingers for a bfp in the near future.  Best of luck!.  

Married to DH - 1996 DS - 13, DD - 11, DD - 9, DS - 4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"