3rd Trimester

Contraction ? for 2+ mommas

I feel a little silly asking this because this is my second pregnancy, but with my first I knew I was in labor because my water broke. What do true contractions really feel like in the beginning? Last night I started getting these pains that started in my back and worked their way forward. They felt like period cramps but were more widespread. They were coming about every 15 minutes, and weren't too painful but almost made me feel nauseous until they went away. Anyone feel like this before? I have also had some diahrrea the last few days so I thought maybe it was just that, but it felt different than stomach cramps. Maybe just BH?
IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Contraction ? for 2+ mommas

• I imagine it varies for everyone. I go straight into transition so I never am able to feel the early stage of labor. I imagine it would feel like slightly more painful BH or dull cramps that keep coming at regular intervals.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• For my first I could tell my stomach muscles were tightening for maybe 30 seconds about every 10-15 minutes to start out my labor.  This lasted for about 8 hours until they started getting painful.  If you feel regular tightening and relaxing it's probably either BH or labor starting.  I didn't think mine were real labor until they started hurting and by then were a few minutes apart- so we went to the hospital!  Everyone is different though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That is generally what contractions felt like for me.  They can last for days or weeks gearing up for baby. I had about 5 days in the evenings where they would really start up and be timeable but would fade by morning.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine felt like BH contrax but with pressure in both the front and my back.  and as they got worse i could feel a sharp pain literally in the middle (pelvic area).  It was different than just a regular BH becuase they got sharper and more all-over. 

For the past two weeks i have been having awful back pain with BH's...I am scared I am going to have back labor this time!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Mine felt like period cramps. I had been getting them off and on for a few weeks. Then when I was going into labor, they started light, coming at 10 minute intervals, then got closer and intensified before we left for the hospital. Sounds like you're body is getting ready.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd say those sound like good practice contractions ;)
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"