Boston Babies

10 wks pg w/ twins! Looking for OB in South Shore MA

I am being released from my IVF dr and am looking for an OB to deliver at South Shore hospital, I am would prefer a woman but would consider a male doctor. Has anyone used Crown OB or South Shore OB? Thank you in advance!! I need to find one asap and I am tapped out looking online, I need some guidance.

Thank you!

Re: 10 wks pg w/ twins! Looking for OB in South Shore MA

• Congratulations! 

I used to go to Crown for my general practioner (who also did my paps). I hated their office staff, they always seemed to be running behind (never was seen until 45mins to an hour and half after my scheduled time) and they always had some sort of mix up on their hands. My doc left there and created her own practice, I was so relieved not to have to go to their office anymore.

For an OB - I go to South Shore Women's Health and they're wonderful. They have four different offices on the south shore and are a practice of about 10-15 women who are ob's, np's, and mw's. I love their office, they're pretty on time (the most I've waited was a half hour), and their staff is so friendly. I actually went to them after seeing recommendations on here. Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had just the opposite experience.  I used to go to So. Shore Women's health and I did not like most of the physicians there it seemed difficult to get an appointment.  I switched to Crown for my OB and I've been much happier.
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to SSWH but see the midwives primarily vs the doctors. I had a bad experience with one of the OB's during my first pregnancy and switched to the midwives within the practice. I was happy with most of the OB's and liked the fact that they were all women, but the midwives were just a better fit for me. I liked that its a big practice and you get to know all of the people that could do the delivery. 
  • I also use SSWH.  I originally went for the midwives, but through the course of 7 years, two children, and three pregnancies, I feel like I've seen almost everyone there - midwives and OBs!  I would recommend them, and the convenience of the multiple offices is nice, too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I had my twins at South Shore Hospital. I was also there ALOT at the end of my pregnancy (spent 12 days there on bedrest). They have great MFMs there! I used Atlantic Women's Health for OB. But it's in Plymouth. I think They do however partner with Crown OB for hospital coverage because I looked at Crown's website and realized that I did have a few of those Drs at my many hospital stays. Dr Shakr was fantastic and I really liked Dr Champion too because he was willing to let me deliver vaginally with baby b breech, if he was on when I had them...which he wasn't :( Good luck and congrats!! Twins are amazing!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I absolutely LOVE LOVE Crowne OB.. Dr. Stacy Wessman and Dr. Blair Lacy are awesome!! Dr. Wessman delivered my DD who was sunny side up, heartrate was dropping, and she tied a knot in her cord upon delivery.... Dr. Wessman handled the situation amazing. They can run late, btu she always explains why, and honestly they are amazing.. can't say enough good things about them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go to Atrius Health Women's Health in Libby Parkway in Weymouth (I believe they are in Norwell too).

I think they are fantastic!  I am meeting with my OB on Monday, but my midwife has been great.

• I used Atlantic Women's Health--they were all great, and I wanted a female practice, but it turned out that the night I delivered, none of the women I saw were on call, and the baby was delivered by a guy from another practice who I had never met before, so that was a down-side. 
  • Another vote for South Shore Womens Health, but as pp mentioned I saw primarily the midwives vs the doctors.
    Accidental Smiles
    updated 10.03.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm going to Jordan OB GYN midwifery in Plymouth and have had great experiences with both the docs and midwives.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"