TTC After a Loss
Options

Do you use fertility monitors?

I've been doing OPKs and temping, but I feel like my cycle is so erratic, either too long or too short, that its hard to tell if I've O'd and I get several +OPKs all throughout my cycle so I thought about using a fertility monitor...especially since noah-bear gave the rec. from early-pregnancy-tests.com.  But it's still expensive, and I'm just wondering how many people actually use them and do you find it helpful at all??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you use fertility monitors?

• Options
    i havent... but i know a few who have and they like it better than OPKs...
  • Options
    Have you been tested for PCOS? Sometimes random +OPKs throughout a cycle are a sign of PCOS. If you do have it, a monitor like the Clearblue easy fertility monitor will not help much. 

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stalking your current chart.... did you have a fever? You should probably discard those temps if you did and check the fever box in the specifics. 

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options
    I'm with Cashews. Multiple + OPK's in one cycle is consistent with PCOS so a monitor wouldn't be any more useful to you. I would start with getting tested to see if that's the problem. I know before my loss I would get + OPK's all the time, but never actually O'd. Good luck.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• Options
    I have used one for 15 cycles prior to my loss.  I have PCOS, but I'm kind of the weird exception because I ovulate on my own.  It works well and has been reliable.  I double check my "peak" days with OPKs to be sure.  I'll be pulling it back out as soon as AF shows. 

TTC started Oct '10
    Me: AMA w/RSD, atypical PCOS w/IR, LPD and High Prolactin. Controlled HP post-loss.
    DH: Low-T and borderline morph
    18 cycles, 3 medicated w/RE to get to a BFP!
    EDD 9/7/12, Saw HB @7w3d,missed m/c 1/30 @8w3d, d&c 2/8
    11 AL cycles, 9 medicated/IUI cycles. All BFFN!
    Moving forward with IVF
    BFP#2 our little cycle break surprise on AL cycle 12! EDD 10/27/13
    Beta #1: 41 Beta #2: 398; perfect u/s 3/11 hb @133bpm
    u/s 3/25 one perfect hb @183 bpm, adjusted EDD 10/23/13
    MaterniT21 and carrier screens normal. It's a girl!!!
    Severe Pre-E, HFpEF, PE, AMA & IF= OAD

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    All IF/AL Welcome!
  • Options

I have one but am so regular I stopped it after a year of use, just got old buying the sticks and seeing the same thing every month but nothing happening. I agree with PPs about the irregularity though... Also, the CBEFM can take 2-3 cycles to be accurate, you will see it spike at CD7 while it is getting use to your body so it takes some time to get used to it, so don't get frustrated.

If you are interested, I can send you mine to have/use/forward if you don't like it. There is a "reset" feature. You just have to be sure you pay it forward for someone else. I would love if it helped someone. You can PM and I will send you my personal email address.

ETA: typos out the wazoo

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm glad you asked this question. I actually just came across the clearblue easy fertility monitor on line this past weekend. I was thinking of getting one myself , but was going back and forth because of how expensive they were. I think I'll watch this post for some answers also
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone will check this again- but just wanted to say thanks for all the advice. This ended up being a post and run which I didn't anticipate, but I really appreciate the thoughtful advice.  I think I may have PCOS although I haven't been tested for it.  I have an appointment at the end of this month with my OB, and I plan on mentioning it to her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"