1st Trimester
Options

1st Ultrasound Today :)

had my first appointment yesterday with my new dr. love them! she tried to hear the heartbeat with the doppler, but couldnt - so they sent me for an ultrasound today to confirm what week im in. the ultrasound went great! measuring 9 weeks and the heartbeat was 167! (isnt there an old wives tale about fetal heart rate and gender - does anyone know what it is?)

anyways... super happy :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st Ultrasound Today :)

• Options
    Great news! It's just an old wives tale and no real truth to it.  My baby's heart rate was 164 at my last appointment and my dr said "I think it's a girl....and not b/c of the heart rate".  My husband thinks it's a girl too.........I don't want to get too excited about it being a girl and it turn out to be a boy. Either way we will be blessed though :)
  • Options

imagejworkman1980:
    Great news! It's just an old wives tale and no real truth to it.  My baby's heart rate was 164 at my last appointment and my dr said "I think it's a girl....and not b/c of the heart rate".  My husband thinks it's a girl too.........I don't want to get too excited about it being a girl and it turn out to be a boy. Either way we will be blessed though :)

Just curious... did your doctor give you an explanation why she thought it was a girl it if wasn't because of the heart rate?

OP- Higher rate = girl, or so the wives' tale says. My daughter's heart rate was always high and the heart rate of this baby is also high 165-180. We will see... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! I just had my first ultrasound today too! heart beat was 176!! I'm not sure what the old wives tale is but i don't believe them anyways. Best of luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thats great...its so exciting to hear the heartbeat and to see the little peanut doing ok..helps calm any worries since the 1st trimester is so sensitive. never heard that wives tale before!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"