Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

3 weeks after miscarriage, could use some advice (possibly TMI...)

So I had a misoprostal induced miscarriage just over 3 weeks ago.. I was 10 weeks along, but the gestational sac only measured 7 weeks. The thing is.. I'm still bleeding and cramping :( Just when I think it's done, it keeps going. I spoke to a nurse at the doctors office yesterday when they called to tell me that my hcg levels are at 17, and I have to go back for another test in 2 weeks. She told me that for some women a miscarriage lasts a few days to a week, and for some it could be like 6 weeks! This was my first pregnancy... I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or even heard of it lasting more than 2 weeks.. Because I haven't.

I'm really starting to get frustrated.. I'm very uncomfortable most of the day, and it's obviously just a constant reminder of what my body has been through..

thank you in advance...

Photobucket

Re: 3 weeks after miscarriage, could use some advice (possibly TMI...)

• Options

Thank you.

I had the ultrasound about 3-4 days after the miscarriage, and they said everything was clear... Or I guess as clear as it needed to be. They said I'd still be passing tissue (hence the cramping) The nurse also told me the cramping is my uterus trying to get back to the way it was...

Photobucket
  • Options

Anything up to six weeks is considered "okay" as long as you aren't passing large clots and/or filling up more then one pad/hr.

The clinic I go to told me that the only way the uterus has to heal is to drain and bleed....and so, despite what many doctors will tell you, it is completely normal for the bleeding to continue for a while. I know how much it sucks though....just another reminder. FX that it stops soon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"