Baby Showers

What is enough food?

So my shower is being held at a restaurant where my mom rented out the banquet room. It's going to be at around 3pm.

However I don't know how much is enough food. Only about 30 people will be there. We already have vanilla cupcakes and red velvet cupcakes that are being made for it, as well as some candy too. I just don't know what else to have...or if the cupcakes and candy are plenty.

What do you ladies think? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is enough food?

• You definitely need more than cupcakes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I figured that much, but every time my mom or I have talked to people they say the cupcakes are enough...but I think we need something else however some people coming have gluten allergies so we need to know before hand so we can let the person making the cupcakes and stuff know (they do awesome gluten free food besides just cupcakes)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMotherMonster:
    I figured that much, but every time my mom or I have talked to people they say the cupcakes are enough...but I think we need something else however some people coming have gluten allergies so we need to know before hand so we can let the person making the cupcakes and stuff know (they do awesome gluten free food besides just cupcakes)

I would do some veggies and fruit and cheese, and maybe a hot app like meatballs.  It isn't a meal time, so you don't need to go all out, but honestly?  I would expect a LOT more than cupcakes at a shower.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Appetizers - cheese and sausage tray, veggies, fruit, maybe dip and chips. Go with finger foods and have some punch. I agree with PP that you need more than cupcakes.
  • Cheese and sausage or meats sound yummy! With gluten free crackers...oh yes! Sorry, I'm hungry..haha but it's something that will break up the sweetness since everything else is desert or candy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"