Two Under 2

Did you find your organization changed after having your 2nd?

We were talking to a lovely family at a restaurant the other night.  They had two girls who were about 4 and 5.  The mom told me that when she had one baby she could never figure out why she had a_hell of a time keeping up with the house w/ one baby when all their friends with multiple kids always had sparkling houses.

She said after she had the 2nd, somehow things just became more organized and everything was done and taken care of.

Idk, I guess it's one of those 'it needs done so it just happens' situations or what.  Has anyone else found this to be true?

Re: Did you find your organization changed after having your 2nd?

• It's been true for me.

However why I think it's true is because my kids are now 2 and 1 and can entertain each other while I clean.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My organization became amazing once my DD could entertain herself. Now that we have an infant again all that organization went to crap. I see it getting easier as my DS because more entertained by my DD. I just starting to get organized again...
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKC_13:

It's been true for me.

However why I think it's true is because my kids are now 2 and 1 and can entertain each other while I clean.

This! My boys love playing together now and they will play with the play kitchen upstairs while I clean up there or fold clothes. Before DS2 was a year old through, it wasn't so much this way. I also came up with a schedule of when to clean what. Of course now being pg again it's gone to the wayside. I can't keep the house clean or anything done right now. I'm in so much pain from my sciatic nerve that it hurts to do anything.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Organization? What's that?

Seriously, things get done.  I've found that trying to make systems for things works best for me.  For example, the dishwasher is run every night right before I go to bed to make sure that I have enough bottles for the next day.  With my first, I could easily clean 8 bottles anytime I needed to.  Right now, I can't take that chance.

Also, I find Im sitting down less and doing leisurely things.  I just have to keep moving, so I guess more is getting done.  My house is definitely not cleaner though... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If by changed, you mean went out the window, then yes! I had a much easier time keeping up with household chores when I had just one baby. It's gotten a little easier to manage the house with 2u2 since I got laid off in December, but I'm dealing with pregnancy exhaustion and aches and pains and have NO energy to do things that don't need to be done.

I hope when the kids are like 3, 4, and 5, I'll be able to get things more organized again. Another part of it is that we rent, so it feels pointless to get everything exaclty how I'd really want it, when we don't want to live here that long.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"