High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Daily Bed Rest Check-In (WED) 02/29/12

Happy Leap Day!  My mind is kind of shot this morning since I didn't get much sleep last night.  Since this is what I'm dealing with, it's all I can think of for today.

1. How many times have you gotten sick this pregnancy?

2. What is the worst illness you have gotten while pregnant?

3. What do you do to cope with being sick with such limited medication options?

4. Updates & vents

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image

Re: Daily Bed Rest Check-In (WED) 02/29/12

• Options

Nice work ladies - you're still here!

1. How many times have you gotten sick this pregnancy? 3 times, all since I've been on bedrest.

2. What is the worst illness you have gotten while pregnant? a bad cold, that's it. Everytime I sneezed I thought I was going to pop my amniotic sac.

3. What do you do to cope with being sick with such limited medication options? I sleep and take vitamin C drops to prevent coughing

4. Updates & vents  32 weeks today! WOOT! This means I can now deliver at my neighborhood hospital instead of trucking it over to Children's downtown. Also feeling smug about being on bedrest during a snowstorm.. .hehehe....

BFP #1 May 2008: live miscarriage at 12.5 weeks
    BFP #2 February 2009: Beautiful baby girl born at 33weeks 5days after 8 weeks of PTL, hospital bedrest and mag sulfate
    BFP #3 September 2010: miscarried at 6.5 weeks
    BFP #4 January 2011: Cerclage placed at 12.5 weeks, live miscarriage at 14 weeks RPL testing May 2011 - FOUND Factor V Leiden and slight autoimmune issues! Never so excited to have something wrong with me!
    BFP #5 August 2011: Aspirin and Lovenox - trying one more time!IT'S A BOY!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options

1. How many times have you gotten sick this pregnancy?  4 or 5, mostly colds

2. What is the worst illness you have gotten while pregnant?  When I was pregnant with DS1, I had the flu, but I think this stomach bug I have right now really takes the cake.

3. What do you do to cope with being sick with such limited medication options?  With colds I try to sleep as much as possible and use a humidifier. 

4. Updates & vents  Finally got in touch with OB and they are supposed to be calling me in a prescription for nausea.  If that doesn't help it will be off to the hospital for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was just placed on bed rest this morning due to contractions at 33 weeks. This is all new to me, so I love to hear how you guys pass the time away. This is my second pregnancy, 1st DD came at 33w 4d due to pre-e. My new doctors are really monitoring me closely, so I'm glad they sent me to the hospital yesterday, due to my blood pressure being high. My bp did come down, but they found I was contracting and I'm 1 cm dilated. Fun times, not! 

1. How many times have you gotten sick this pregnancy? other then M/S only one other time.

2. What is the worst illness you have gotten while pregnant? a head cold, but it only lasted a few days.

3. What do you do to cope with being sick with such limited medication options? I just been sucking it up, taking cough drops, but not much else.

4. Updates & vents see above.

• Options

1. How many times have you gotten sick this pregnancy?

Ive gotten a nasty cold once per trimester.  

2. What is the worst illness you have gotten while pregnant?

My 3rd tri cold has been the worst- over 2 weeks long. Gross. 

3. What do you do to cope with being sick with such limited medication options?

DD is a great 'nurse.' She had the cold first and became very interested in taking mama's temperature.  

4. Updates & vents 

Im new to bed rest. I'm thankful that it's modified, which allows me to care for DD and do some light cleaning.

The frustrating thing is that I'm supposed to be on my left side when resting and I'm already having some soreness. Any advice on that is appreciated! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"