October 2011 Moms
Options

How long would you wait? - nap related

I am trying to get DS to nap some place other than my arms. He always wakes up when I put him in the bassinet/crib and then proceeds to coo. He has been cooing for 30 minutes and shows no sign of falling asleep. He isn't crying or being fussy ...but I am not sure how long I should wait. Do I wait till he is fussy or should I just go pick him up and let him fall asleep in my arms to make sure he naps?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long would you wait? - nap related

• Options
    I'd leave him. DS and I are having a Mexican standoff with his nap right now - going on a half-hour of him cooing and grunting in the swing. I will win this battle.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options
    Id wait til he sleeps.  Im no nap guru though, we have been having our own share of nap problems over here, but if he is happy in his crib Id wait to see if maybe he just 'talks' himself to sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd also wait.  C is a great night-sleeper, but not a good napper.  My ped said some babies are just better nappers, but to always put her down anyway.  If she's awake and hanging out, I just let her be - I guess in hopes that, over time, a light bulb will go off (like, "Oh - I get it - it's nap time.")  Obviously, that'll probably never happen.

If, however, she cries, I step in and try to soothe to sleep (without picking her up).

BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
    BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
    1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
    2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
    SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
    Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
    3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • Options

Leave him.

We had the same issues and one day I just left her to talk and grunt in her crib.  She totally surprised me when she fell asleep on her own! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepeelester429:

I'd also wait.  C is a great night-sleeper, but not a good napper.  My ped said some babies are just better nappers, but to always put her down anyway.  If she's awake and hanging out, I just let her be - I guess in hopes that, over time, a light bulb will go off (like, "Oh - I get it - it's nap time.")  Obviously, that'll probably never happen.

If, however, she cries, I step in and try to soothe to sleep (without picking her up).

Ha, I keep hoping for the light bulb too. My pedi said he is too social to nap alone ha ha. He suggested a dark room, but it doesn't seem to be helping. He is currently running his finger nails over the mesh part of his co-sleeper. I think he likes the noise. Perhaps it will soothe him ...but probably not. 

• Options
    imagepeelester429:

I think that the light bulb does go off for babies because daycares are usually able to get poor nappers to take naps on a schedule.  My baby could never nap over 30 minutes at home and once she started daycare, she got on their schedule and did 1-2 hour naps 2 times a day.  I asked them what they did and they said they just put the baby in the crib, played some music, lowered all the lights, and let them rest.  Even if the baby was cooing, they'd leave the baby alone.  Only if a baby was full out crying would they go pick him up.  After a few days of this, the babies realize they should just sleep because nobody was playing with them during that time. 

J & S~ 06.20.09
    TTC #1 since 10/09
    Hypothyroidism 3/10
    Cycle 17- Surprise BFP! 1/21/11
    When God closes the door, somewhere He opens a window...
  • Options
    I also vote for leave him. I only go back in if G starts melting down and then I go in and place my hand on his chest and shhh. It usually only takes a couple of minutes at that point.
  • Options
    I'd wait it out. As long he is happy, let him chill and try to figure out how to get himself to sleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"