Babies: 9 - 12 Months

When did you start giving graham crackers?

Sometimes I'll see at daycare they give the kids in DS2's room graham crackers (not him though yet...)---and was curious when they usually get those. 

DS1 had such severe food allergies that he never got those until just recently--so this is a whole new ballgame for me.  We're not even sure he CAN have them (still testing wheat).  BUT thinking about letting him try it. 

Re: When did you start giving graham crackers?

• I think around 9 months? I don't really remember. Is DS2 having fewer allergies than DS1? I hope so.  GL lady!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it was right around 10 months. We weren't purposely holding out for any reason, we just never had any in the house to try them with him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBejebus:
    I think around 9 months? I don't really remember. Is DS2 having fewer allergies than DS1? I hope so.  GL lady!

I'm not sure --honestly.  I'm too afraid to really try stuff.  I know he has a dairy allergy for sure.  So he's on allimentum for that.  We'll try to intro maybe something small around 11-12 months or so and see.  Probably not straight on cow's milk though.

Haven't done eggs--- told to wait until after a year since DS1 was so allergic. As am I.

Wheat--we actually tried waffles that only had wheat--no eggs or milk and he did ok.  Also tried a puree that only had wheat and no other known allergens and he's done ok. 

Not sure about soy yet--we think he's ok though.

He's just very sensitive like my DS1 and I so it's sometimes tough to tell.  Random hives.  But nothing insane like DS1 would get.  So hoping for the best.  My big fear is peanuts--as DS1 is very allergic.  So we'll see. I guess the good part is that we already have the epi  in our house LOL. 

So far I'm feeling better about this--so very hopeful.

• About two weeks ago after we found out DC gave it to her there. It just never crossed our minds to give it to her.
    Foodie stuff for parents with little time: Katja's Kitchen Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't given them to him yet, but not because I am holding out, I just never thought about it.

If he seems to be tolerating wheat, I would try it. I am sorry you have to deal with so much worry when it comes to food. That has to be so stressful.

• DS just had some for the first time at daycare this week, so at about 9 months. We weren't holding off, just never really thought about it.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • imagekestock120:
    I think it was right around 10 months. We weren't purposely holding out for any reason, we just never had any in the house to try them with him.

This...as a matter of fact DD just started eating them this week when she started her new day care.  I never have any in the house but she has eaten plenty of things that have cinnamon in it.

• 7 months
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I thought graham crackers had honey in them, so I haven't given them to my daughter yet.
    Stephanie Hsu
  • We haven't given them to her yet. They're not something we buy as a regular grocery item, so it hadn't occurred to me.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• We have--around 8.5/9 months. We don't buy the honey grahams, just the original ones. My daughter is stubborn and doesn't like "pieces" of food--she loves eating food in slices/sticks---so graham crackers is ideal for her. Although maybe she takes one or two bites of it--she loves banging them together to create crumbs. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • imageGhostMonkey:

7/8 months. Something like that.

This

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"