October 2012 Moms
Options

HELP!

This is my first pregnancy and it is much harder than I expected so far.  I have all-day nausea and every nutritous food sounds discusting to me.  I am a such a healthy eater and it kills me that I haven't been able to eat anything that I used to.  I never drink soda and all I seem to want is Gingerale and crackers.  I am tired all day to the point where it's hard to stay awake at work.  It's also killing me not telling anyone.  I'm 6 weeks and want to wait at least until my first U/S to tell our family and my work.  I feel like I'm lying to my family by not telling them because we are all incredibly close.  People are starting to get suspicious at work, also.  I have had a few people come up to me and say I've looked very tired the past few days and ask if I'm OK.  I guess the worst part about not telling anyone is not having people to talk to.  My husband is being very helpful but it's hard not having people who have gone through it to talk to.  I am just praying there is relief around the corner for me!  Any tips appreciated!

Re: HELP!

• Options

Well now you have us!

Try to eat the healthy stuff anyway. I find that sometimes what I planned to eat doesn't look good at all, but once I start eating it, it's fine. Don't forget to take your pre-natal vitamins too! 

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options

Welcome! I felt like you the week before I got my BFP. I had no idea what was going on. There were some days that I by the end of the day at work I felt like I was not in my own body because my limbs were moving so much slower than I wanted them too. I just felt like I had no energy for anything and could not stomach ANYTHING. 

All I can say dearie, is it will get better. I found a few select foods that I could stomach and I keep those with me at all times. This is my first pregnancy too so I am learning tricks as I go that work for myself. Hang in there! God Bless!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You really just have to eat with you *can* if your aversions are that bad and m/s keeps you from eating the way you want to eat. My Dr. told me (last time around) that she go through her first pregnancy on many cheese puffs because it was one of the only foods she could tolerate. Now clearly, you don't want to really go that route if you can tolerate other foods but point is, get your calories in where you can (w/moderation of course) and drink lots of water. As PP said, prenatal vitamins are key too.

Not telling is tough though, I know. Obviously you can vent and share here but it really won't be too long before you can share with others. Do you have a couple of close friends/family that you and your husband have OK'ed with sharing?

Hang in there! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageclussyK:

You really just have to eat with you *can* if your aversions are that bad and m/s keeps you from eating the way you want to eat. My Dr. told me (last time around) that she go through her first pregnancy on many cheese puffs because it was one of the only foods she could tolerate. Now clearly, you don't want to really go that route if you can tolerate other foods but point is, get your calories in where you can (w/moderation of course) and drink lots of water. As PP said, prenatal vitamins are key too.

Not telling is tough though, I know. Obviously you can vent and share here but it really won't be too long before you can share with others. Do you have a couple of close friends/family that you and your husband have OK'ed with sharing?

Hang in there! 

This!  And why can't you tell your parents or a sibling or someone you're close with?  There's no "rule" that you have to keep it a secret until whatever week.  It definitely helps me to have people close to me know.  I think you should tell someone so at least you can have someone to confide in.  You have a lot going on, this is all new to you - it's always helpful to have someone to talk to.  And just remember - no matter how many people you tell or don't tell it doesn't effect the outcome of your pregnancy.
    Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks, this is all very helpful!  I know there is no rule on when to tell but we just feel more comfortable waiting for everyone to know until it is verified at our first doctors appt.  But I definitely can't say it's been easy!! We have told our closest friends but they don't have kids and haven't been through this.  But thank you for your positive words everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"