Pre-School and Daycare

*Cute lunch check-in*

This was a to-go snack for my very patient girl who spent a lot of time in the car this week. We had a long talk about not spilling before I gave her this in the car! Berries, peanut butter-filled pretzels, raisins and some Raisinets and another little treat mixed together. DD surprised me and didn't like the Raisinets at all.

DD went fishing and duck-feeding this day, so a themed lunch was waiting for her at home. Cream cheese/jelly sandwich with cheese and sprinkle details, carrots and dip, a fish container of cottage cheese and tomatoes with duck picks.

Garden theme - I know there's a lot going on here! Puzzle sandwich (always a hit), peanut butter-filled pretzels, and berries, plus a bird container with a few chocolate-covered sunflower seeds.

Mary Poppins "Let's go fly a kite" lunch. Sandwich with cheese kite (the string is a pick, but you could easily use a bit of cheese or cucumber or thinly sliced carrot), blueberries, strawberry with Mary Poppins hat pick, and a checkered apple. See how much nicer they are with green apples!

I also took a picture of how I store the picks - in a container I found in the fishing department. I'm not even sure what this is called - a lure box? The moveable dividers are very helpful. I have two of these, plus ... a lot of other suppliesl! But for normal people, this one container would be plenty!

PIP your cute lunches here!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Cute lunch check-in*

• Cute! Love the tackle box storage idea! I've only done a few since the first of the year, but here they are! :)

My DD thought these waffles looked like flip flops, so flip flops they became! The strawberry/banana is supposed to be sunglasses, but looks more like goggles. hehe. Flip flop straps are fruit leather, words are cheese.

This is a turkey sandwich that looks like "Marie" from the Aristocats, which we had just watched that week. You can see she was most interested in the M&M cookie treat though. hehe. Name is fruit leather, face details are strawberries, a blueberry, Chinese noodle whiskers, icing eyes, and chocolate sprinkle eyelashes.

A lion sandwich in honor of her current favorite movie, Lion King. He's not quite as cute as Simba though :) name is fruit leather, mane and teeth are cheese, mouth is drawn on w/ food color marker, Chinese noodle whiskers, raisin nose, and icing eyes.

Here's her birthday breakfast, from January. :-) "Cupcake" is a pancake, Pringles cracker sticks, scrambled eggs, sprinkles, and a strawberry. She also requested mini waffles after the fact. I figured it was her birthday, so why not? hehe.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• MrsHughes - I love them all! Great job!
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you know if they make princess ones?

You always have such cute ideas!

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Are you talking about the princess Lunch Punch cutters? They're available on Amazon. We don't have that set, so I can't give a review.

https://www.amazon.com/Lunch-Punch-Whimsical-Sandwich-Cutters/dp/B003Y7JSAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330442034&sr=8-1 (not clicky on my Mac, sorry) 

• Thanks for the link.

Have you ever seen any crown/tiara picks? 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• I have seen them at Party City in the aisle with the baking supplies. But they're the paper ones on wooden toothpicks, so they're not reusable. Allthingsforsale.com has a cookie cutter set that includes a crown - it looks good when used on Cheddar cheese. Here is the link, but it's out of stock at the moment. They also have the Lunch Punch princess cutter set.

https://www.allthingsforsale.com/bento-accessory/953-ham-cheese-cookie-cutter-set-of-6-fun-set-4984343645820.html 

• imagebrightning:

I have seen them at Party City in the aisle with the baking supplies. But they're the paper ones on wooden toothpicks, so they're not reusable. Allthingsforsale.com has a cookie cutter set that includes a crown - it looks good when used on Cheddar cheese. Here is the link, but it's out of stock at the moment. They also have the Lunch Punch princess cutter set.

https://www.allthingsforsale.com/bento-accessory/953-ham-cheese-cookie-cutter-set-of-6-fun-set-4984343645820.html 

Thank You!

girls photo zvczv.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"