Baby Names

Baby Girl Name help! *clicky*

Background: The only girl name that my DH and I could agree on is Carah. (I know people don't like the spelling but I'm not asking about that so let's move on!)  I'm having trouble because I am just not in love with the name like I am with our boy name.  Therefore - what do you guys think between these two?

Thanks!!

[Poll]

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                     BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
      BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                               BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

Re: Baby Girl Name help! *clicky*

• I don't think either name really works--Carah sounds awkward with Ryan as a MN and Caraleigh is a little too much. Adding 'leigh' to the end of other names usually just looks low-class to me.

ETA: How about Caroline or Carolyn?

• Have you thought about Carly or Caroline?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i love the name and the spelling. I like them both but carah is just short and sweet. Dont want to make her have a long name. Remember some signature lines are short. Lol! And girls usually end up writing whimsically lol! But i love them both. Thats my two cents.
    Due August 7 2012
  • Thanks for the suggestions but I don't like Carly, Caroline, Carolyn...  I also don't see how Caraleigh is "too much" when Caroline or Carolyn isn't...they are all two syllables so it sounds alike to me! 

Again, thanks for the suggestions but it is between these two right now unless magically there is another name out there that both DH and I like!  (It took a loooooong time to get to this point!)

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• ....Have you considered just naming her Ryan?
    VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yep - I liked it, DH didn't :/ - I'm not kidding when I'm saying this has been a struggle!! I feel like we've exhausted every name!  Boy names were much easier for us to agree on, we even had a list of four top names we both loved to choose from...  Hopefully we will only have one girl!! *We are team green for this baby* HA!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• To me, the -leigh ending gives Caraleigh an over-the-top feel. What about Cara Leigh Ryan Lastname, with Leigh as a second middle name? I used to know a Caralee, and her name always reminded me of Sara Lee- cake mixes, etc. Caraleigh brings the same thing to mind.

I know a Carah, so that spelling isn't super weird to me, but I don't like how it sounds with Ryan. Too abrupt imo.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • imagetammyr1974:
    And girls usually end up writing whimsically lol!

This may be the ditziest thing I've heard this year. Definitely not on my list of factors in naming my child...

OP, I voted for your first option, but have you considered Rhiannon? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How is Rhiannon pronounced?  Ryan-on? 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• imagestrawberrytree:

To me, the -leigh ending gives Caraleigh an over-the-top feel. What about Cara Leigh Ryan Lastname, with Leigh as a second middle name? I used to know a Caralee, and her name always reminded me of Sara Lee- cake mixes, etc. Caraleigh brings the same thing to mind.

I know a Carah, so that spelling isn't super weird to me, but I don't like how it sounds with Ryan. Too abrupt imo.  

PS - This is my hesitation!  (Even though I think Sara Lee is a generational thing...I don't think I have seen any Sara Lee items in a while!  This makes it better for me.) 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• To me, the ending of Carah and beginning of Ryan run into each other too much to sound nice, so I voted for Caraleigh.
  • Of the two options in your clicky poll, I like Carah a lot better. I don't think Carahleigh is "too much" because of the number of syllables, but because it's a smoosh name. Two names smooshed together are not my style. 

I really like PP's suggestion of Rhiannon. It's pronounced ree-AN-en. That would be a great way to honor your friend Ryan.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"