Upstate NY Babies

Really stupid question (NBR)

What are your thoughts between a gmail account vs one that matches the business name. Is a gmail account not professional enough? I sorta think the other seems stupid. So WWYD?

Sarah@sarahsmith.com or sarahsmith@gmail.com 

Re: Really stupid question (NBR)

• personally...I think it's stupid.  See facebook page.  :)  haha!  But it's what I'm doing until I get my website up and running.
  • I'm doing my site now and need to commit so I can do cards and stuff. So when you get a website will you change it? Your answer confuses me haha..
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes maam, which will be in the very near future because I'm ready to order cards.  I just need DH to get to work!
  • If you are starting a business, then I would have a website for said business.  Most website packages include a couple email accounts.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Oh yeah, the website isnt the issue- my domain is first name last name.com. I'm just wondering if the email of firstname@firstnamelastname.com sounds stupid :) 

• I have never been in this situation, but if I were, I think I would go with firstname@firstnamelastname.com because it makes it easier for people to remember and makes them think about your name twice, so maybe they're more likely to remember it?

I use my personal gmail account for work, but sometimes think it would be nice to have an account supplied by my company so that I didn't feel the need to "work" every time I check my email. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • could you do

sales@fistnamlastname.com

or

customerservice@firstnamelastname.com

or

cs@firstnamelastname.com

I think that would sound more professional.  Plus, the spam filter at my work ups the spam possibility score for @gmail.com or @verizon.net type email addresses.  Basically, it would be more likely to get stuck and never delivered to my users. 

Bianca image.
  • Will you have a business name? Or just your own name? Or even if your business is your name could you put what it is as the name? Like are you talking photos? Maybe it could be firstname@firstnamelastnamephotography.com

• imageTelyco:

Oh yeah, the website isnt the issue- my domain is first name last name.com. I'm just wondering if the email of firstname@firstnamelastname.com sounds stupid :) 

nope.. don't think so.. my email is myfirstname@myfirstnameanddhsfirstname.com :)

if you think it sounds dumb, you could always do contact@firstnamelastname.com or something like that.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • imageemiliemetcalf:

I have never been in this situation, but if I were, I think I would go with firstname@firstnamelastname.com because it makes it easier for people to remember and makes them think about your name twice, so maybe they're more likely to remember it?

Good point! 

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"