December 2011 Moms
Options

I'm so nervous...

I go back to work tomorrow. 

I'm so nervous for DS to be in daycare. I trust the dc, but I guess I'm just nervous for someone aside from me to care for him all day. It doesnt help me any that my cousin told me her LO cried the whole first day of dc. If that happens i'm going to feel horrible :( DS is pretty easy going, so I hope it goes well.

Dh does the drop off, so I won't really see DS until I pick up at 4 since he'll still be asleep when I leave.

I feel like a bad mama for having to go back to work, but I don't have a choice.

I have a feeling there will be many tears on my part tomorrow :( 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I'm so nervous...

• Options

((hugs))

I'm on day 3 of being back at work and for me, the anticipation of going back was WAY worse than it's actually been being back.  The mornings are kind of a blur of all of us trying to get ready, so I don't have much time to be sad about leaving (my DH does drop-off too).

And I am happy to report that Adriana did NOT cry the whole first day.  yesterday they actually told me she only cries/fusses when she's hungry or tired (or poops), so that made me feel much better.

I too was very nervous at the thought of someone else caring for her.  In my mind, I was having fears of them not knowing what to do to calm her, etc, but I just had to keep telling myself that they're professionals, they have been doing this for years and years, and they have a good reputation for a reason.

Good luck tomorrow!

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    MrsT said everything I would say as well.  The anticipation is the worst.  Good luck tomorrow! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

oh, and just remember, he'll be so happy to see you! 

Yesterday Adriana dozed off on the way home and I was a little bummed (I figured she'd nap for a bit since she was overdue), but when I got her in the house, she woke up and proceeded to coo and smile at me for almost an hour - like she was telling me about her day.  it was awesome

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    imagemichelle142:

I go back to work tomorrow. 

I'm so nervous for DS to be in daycare. I trust the dc, but I guess I'm just nervous for someone aside from me to care for him all day. It doesnt help me any that my cousin told me her LO cried the whole first day of dc. If that happens i'm going to feel horrible :( DS is pretty easy going, so I hope it goes well.

Dh does the drop off, so I won't really see DS until I pick up at 4 since he'll still be asleep when I leave.

I feel like a bad mama for having to go back to work, but I don't have a choice.

I have a feeling there will be many tears on my part tomorrow :( 

I could have written this word for word! I just want to get the first day over with! DS has not left my arms all day lol, I'm having some attachment issues. 

Here we go again! 2 u 2 :-) BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for helping me feel better :)

It's going to be SO HARD!! I've been smothering him with hugs and kisses today. He's probably getting annoyed with me.. haha

Of course he picks today to take a ton of naps, when he normally doesn't nap at all! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Best part of my day is when I walk in the door at the inhome daycare and he turns his head to the sound of my voice and begins kicking and squealing and grinning.

Try to think of the positives.  You are going to work to provide for your LO!

• Options
    I have been feeling the exact same way and I work there! I am the assistant director and our infant teacher is the best. She's been there 12 years and it's like having your grandma watch your LO - she's awesome! I'm still apprehensive though. Like MrsT said, I'm worried they won't know how to console him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"