Trouble TTC
Options

did femera (or clomid) help your long cycles?

hi ladies, i've been charting for a year and i know that my cycles are on the longer side. they're typically 32 - 35 days. my RE told me at the consultation that another perk of going on Femera is that it would help my cycles get to a more normal length.

so yesterday i FINALLY got my +OPK yesterday at CD25. that's the longest so far! i have my CD3 bloodwork next (if not pg this cycle), and he had talked about me going on Femera.

another question, does a longer cycle mean that its harder to get PG? aside from timing things right that is.

thanks

Re: did femera (or clomid) help your long cycles?

• Options
    Yes, both drugs made a huge differenece in cycle length for me.  On my own I didn't O until CD 32+.  I did 2 Clomid cycles and O,d around CD 17.  One Femara cycle had me O on CD14, and I am currently waiting to O on my 2nd Femara cycle.   It has been great!   My doc said longer cycles mean you have fewer chances of getting pregnant than those with "normal" length cycles.  My first year ttc I only had 8 cycles where most others had 12, so I had 3 less tries than everyone else.  8 don't think long cycles alone are necessarily a problem.  Good luck!

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagewhoberry:
    Yes, both drugs made a huge differenece in cycle length for me.  On my own I didn't O until CD 32+.  I did 2 Clomid cycles and O,d around CD 17.  One Femara cycle had me O on CD14, and I am currently waiting to O on my 2nd Femara cycle.   It has been great!   My doc said longer cycles mean you have fewer chances of getting pregnant than those with "normal" length cycles.  My first year ttc I only had 8 cycles where most others had 12, so I had 3 less tries than everyone else.  8 don't think long cycles alone are necessarily a problem.  Good luck!

Pretty much all of this.  I would ovulate anywhere from CD24-31 on my own.  I did Femara this cycle and Oed on CD15.  A late O can mean a weak ovulation, lower egg quality, etc, so it's good to get it in a normal time frame, for sure.  

ETA- it doesn't always mean it's not okay to O late- I got pg with my son and I ovulated on CD26 that cycle. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebrideonjuly8:

imagewhoberry:

Pretty much all of this.  I would ovulate anywhere from CD24-31 on my own.  I did Femara this cycle and Oed on CD15.  A late O can mean a weak ovulation, lower egg quality, etc, so it's good to get it in a normal time frame, for sure.  

ETA- it doesn't always mean it's not okay to O late- I got pg with my son and I ovulated on CD26 that cycle. :)

what you mention about weak ovulation and lower egg quality ... my RE told me the same thing. so i'm glad to hear that confirmed from others who've been in the same shoes. thanks!

• Options

I have only taken Clomid and it has helped SO much! Usually I ovulate around CD25 and on Clomid it gets moved up to CD14ish. Big improvement!

From my understanding, long cycles due to late ovulation are only "bad" because there can be some egg quality issues. Fertility drugs like Clomid help boost egg quality, thus helping you ovulate sooner. That being said, there are plenty of women who ovulate later in their cycle and are still able to get pregnant. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"