TTC After a Loss

IUI without meds?

Hi everyone.  I'm glad we have each other during this time as no one really understands unless they've been in our shoes.

I am wrapping up my 1st AF after a m/c and d&c in Jan.  My amazing DD is almost 3 and we had no trouble getting pregnant with her.  DH and I have been trying for quite some time.  I have been very depressedand anxious about this whole experience and I've taken this time to work on my mental health - see a counselor, get exercise, etc. - but it really is a daily battle

I am getting an HSG test on fri.  Any advice on that?  DH had a sperm analysis and the results came back good.

Also, has anyone out there done IUI after their m/c and 1st AF?  I will be trying it without any Clomid at this month.  I've never tried IUI before.

As I'm sure you can all relate, I'm terrified of this all happening again.  Thanks for listening.  Good luck to all of you. 

Re: IUI without meds?

• I did an unmedicated IUI last cycle... it was the first cycle after a chemical pregnancy... its very easy... it felt like getting a pap... good luck!
  • I did a medicated IUI. The IUI part was easy peasy! The medication part sucked. Like PP said, very similar to a pap. GL to you!

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have any advice/experience with those topics, but I wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss and I hope that you can find some peace in moving forward.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm sorry I don't have much advice on the testing etc, but I just want to encourage you to keep up with the counseling.  That was one of the best choices I've made so far and I'm so much happier now that I've done a lot of work on myself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a HSG and mine wasn't painful at all.  I believe I took a couple of Advil prior to having the procedure done.  I know some women get cramping as the fluid moves through your uterus and tubes.  I did have a little bleeding afterwards.

Hopefully, the HSG will show that your tubes are clear and then there is an actual increase in pregnancies in the first one to three cycles following a HSG.

I've done four IUIs, but all were done while taking other medications, including clomid, femara and one where I used femara and injectables.  I have done IUIs though where I only had one follicle (which is probably what you'd have if you aren't going to be taking any meds).  The good part with that is that you won't be risking high order multiples.  I agree with the other poster who said the IUI is pretty easy, it's a lot like getting a pap test done.

Hope your test and next cycle go well.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"