Multiples

Broken rib?

Did anyone break a rib during their pregnancy? My doctor thinks that's what is causing my extreme rib pain. I was very, very sick right before the pain started, but it still seems very odd.

If you did break a rib, how long did it take to heal?

DS #1: (Summer 2010) Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Endometrin & B2B IUIs (Hail Mary Cycle) DC #2&3: IVF #1 (November 2011) Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Broken rib?

• I hairline fractured three ribs on my left side two years ago.  After a bout with bronchitis at 18w I refractured one of them.  It seriously sucks but it does get a little better.  When I first refractured it the pain was pretty close to a 10 out of 10, any movement hurt and caused tears.  The worst pain is in the first week.  Now it's down to an annoying level with occassional spikes in pain depending on what I'm doing (if I twist funny etc).  The average person takes 6-12w to heal a hairline fractured rib.  Since we're likely low on calcium and the babies could potentially kick us there (depending on where your fracture is) I've been told I should have total relief 6-12w after the babies are born.  It's not fun and I'm so sorry you're going through this pain.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"