Babies on the Brain

The Ohio shooting is sickening.

The kid responsible needs more help than anyone can give him. Prayers and thoughts to everyone in that area.

Re: The Ohio shooting is sickening.

• imageMysterious_wife:
    The kid responsible needs more help than anyone can give him. Prayers and thoughts to everyone in that area.
    thanks for the T&P
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • bumpburp
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's all over the news here, I have no idea what the weather or the traffic has been because they've been literally covering it all day.  Every detail that unfolds just seems to get worse and worse.

A bunch of people at DH's work live there and their children attend that school, so it hit really close to home for us.  

In the beginning they kept saying that he targeted those 5 kids, and that was "understandable".  We could grasp the concept of being bullied (or something similar) so badly that you hit a breaking point.  But now they're saying it was random.  It's just unfathomable and it's not an area where you would expect anything like that to happen.   

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • I work in 4 schools in the area. We are doing lockdown drills until it is 2nd nature. I'm grateful that our administrators are being proactive for us, but sickened that it takes a fatal incident to remind us to do it. Another local school is on soft lockdown all week for 2 unrelated incidents today.  

• this is my niece's high school.  she's a freshman.  they just ran a drill a few weeks ago and when she heard the shots, she was in class.  the teacher locked the door.  they thought it was a drill again, the teacher said no.  they remained locked, crouching, until swat allowed them to leave and be evacuated to the elementary school across the street. 

in the meantime, swat repeatedly knocked on the door in full gear and guns to give updates and keep everyone "calm" etc. she said seeing swat was really terrifying.

i found out about the shooting from FB that morning, my brain stopped working b/c i knew she was there and the news was crazy and sporadic -- basically at the time i found out, people were reporting multiple shooters still on the loose in the high school.  i couldn't even remember my mom's number to call at first. 

fortunately, my niece has a cell phone and was able to text her mom (my sister) that she was alright.  so we all knew pretty quickly she was okay.

my other niece, younger sister of the high school freshman, was in middle school, put on lock down, told not to use cell phones.  she knew there was a shooting at the hs and she was not aware her sister was okay until her mom was able to pick her up and tell her in person.  the amount of terror she felt is unimaginable to me.  at least we knew my other niece was not hurt.  

this is beyond surreal.  everyone is stunned.  i was in a restaurant when the news announced the third boy died, and everyone was just silent, staring. the three that died, it seems, were all shot from behind in the head. 

i am of the opinion that the shooter knew the victims and was targeting who he was shooting at.  i don't want to add to fodder, but it seems he chased the 4th boy who is still alive down the hall.  and that 4th boy was sitting at table with the 3 boys who died, as well as the other 5th boy (who is all over the news) and was grazed by a bullet.  they were all FB friends, went to grade school together.  so, it seems that the story involving a girl is the truest one i can piece together.  this is coming from the 5th boy who was grazed, who just lost his 3 friends. 

in any event, it seems the shooter has had an incredibly sad, unstable life.  i don't condone his actions, but i also feel very badly for him and people in his life.  it's a very big tragedy that has incredible rippling effects for the entire community at large.   chardon truly is a pretty small community, 30ish miles away from cleveland.  more rural than suburban.  i am having a hard time processing this as just an aunt of someone who was in the building.  i truly can't imagine the students who were there, who saw this, who were friends with the people. can't imagine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageToastieSimons:

It's all over the news here, I have no idea what the weather or the traffic has been because they've been literally covering it all day.  Every detail that unfolds just seems to get worse and worse.

A bunch of people at DH's work live there and their children attend that school, so it hit really close to home for us.  

In the beginning they kept saying that he targeted those 5 kids, and that was "understandable".  We could grasp the concept of being bullied (or something similar) so badly that you hit a breaking point.  But now they're saying it was random.  It's just unfathomable and it's not an area where you would expect anything like that to happen.   

First of T&P to everyone involved!!!!!!

I was watching the news this morning when they said it was "random" but one of the boys hit is his ex-girlfriends new boy-friend.... you can't tell me that is random...  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"