D.C. Area Babies
Options

FB annoyance

I have repeatedly told my family NOT to post pictures of my kids on their Facebook pages without my permission. I don't know who their friends are or who their friends of friends are.

I just checked my sister's page and she posted a picture of Zack with his full name and stats. Why the hell does she need to post a damn birth announcement on HER page?? Last time I checked, I had the baby not her. She has her own kids, and it would never occur to me to post anything about them on my page...that doesn't make sense to me. Not only do I not know all of her friends, but she is friends with people who quite frankly, I don't want her telling details of my life to.  

(I do realize that this is fairly irrational since I post lots of private stuff here and this is a public website, but other than people I have met in real life, no one knows my last name or where I live, so for some reason it feels safer.) 

Re: FB annoyance

• Options
    I'd be ticked too.  MIL has been doing it forever, and I even once had to talk to her about a picture she posted that had DS's "boy parts" in.  I was LIVID.  If it were me, I'd ask her to at least remove the information regarding your last name.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Just keep reminding her/them.  Most people I know are not nearly as cautious as me about this stuff, it's just a different mindset.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageArtslvr:
    Just keep reminding her/them.  Most people I know are not nearly as cautious as me about this stuff, it's just a different mindset.

Ditto this. Just send a nice email and say you're thrilled she wants to show off her new nephew but, for your own reasons, you'd rather she not post pictures on her page. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I completely understand.  My SIL did the same thing when DS was born, and I wasn't on FB at the time.  When I joined a few months later, I found she had also put pictures of me from the hospital (all puffy and drugged) up as well.  I was not happy. 

Plus, while she is not FB friends with DH's psycho ex, friends of friends are, so I then came to find out that pyscho knew much more about my life than she should--all thanks to FB. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's really annoying, I'm sorry. My mother would totally do that if she was on FB.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

The full name and birth date would really bother me - that can lead to identity theft - yes - even for an infant.  I would tell her that is what you are concerned about.  I did not let my work email a birth announcement w/that info (there are over 100 people in the section I work for) - I just gave them the first name, weight and length - and they were totally fine w/my explanation.

I would call and explain - I would want that taken down as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"