Breastfeeding
Options

Stay with Fenugreek or switch to MotherLove?

Last week I was diagnosed with mastitits, got my first PP period, and hit the 6 month supply drop all at the same time. I'm working on building up my supply but I'm still short about 4 ounces a day. I'm almost out of my bottle of Fenugreek so before I buy more I'm wondering whether I should switch to the MotherLove More Milk Plus instead. Has anyone tried it with success? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stay with Fenugreek or switch to MotherLove?

• Options
    Did the Fenugreek work for you? Did you or LO have any side effects? I'm hitting the 6 month supply drop a little early and it's starting to seriously dip into my milk supply for when I'm at work.

• Options
    It worked ok. This time a week ago I only pumped one bottle the entire day. Usually I pump about 4. I'm back up to about three bottles a day. I'm still taking antibiotics and am hoping that once I finish with those I can get up to where I was before. The only side effect is the chemically-fake-maple-smell everyone complains about. I feel like Mrs. Butterworth. A friend took Fenugreek when she was BF and said it helped a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have taken both. The fenugreek worked great for me but it had unpleasant side effects for me and LO (gassiness). I started taking MotherLove More Milk (not More Milk Plus) the More Milk does not have fenugreek in it like More Milk Plus does. It taste horrible but I am extremely happy with the results! I no longer need to supplement in the evenings. I started with a 2 oz bottle and I just ordered an 8 oz bottle! Love it! It is more expensive than the fenugreek though. 
    Started TTC - 01/2009 1st BFP - 09/04/09,1st u/s - 10/06/09- no heartbeat seen, D&E - 10/13/09 BFP #2 - 2/12/10, m/c 2/17/10 BFP #3 - 01/03/11 m/c 01/10/11 BFP #4 - 02/21/11 DS born 10/13/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"