Maryland Babies

Clicky Poll: Boys or Girls

For some reason yesterday I was thinking that the moms on this board have mostly girls. But now today I'm thinking I was wrong. So...a poll. (Mommas-to-be, you play too!)

[poll]

Bonus Question: Before you had kids, was it easier to imagine yourself having boys or girls, or both?

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This

Re: Clicky Poll: Boys or Girls

• Before I had kids, I really saw myself as having girls. However now that I have two boys I absolutely love it. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I always wanted at least one of each. I definitely wanted a boy, probably because I never had a brother and always wanted one (if that makes any sense, lol). Now that we already have a boy, I could go either way on what #2 will be.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • Good poll - I've always thought we seemed very heavy on the girls here, too.

Before Maddox, I'd never been able to imagine anything other than a girl - not so much a preference as it just being what I knew.  Now that we have him, and I realize how completely awesome boys are, I would be absolutely thrilled to give him a little brother.

lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • I always saw myself w/ a girl, but when I got PG, I had a very, very strong premonition that I would have a boy and I was very sad about not having a girl.  I got over it and got really excited about having a boy - when they told me I was having a girl, you could have knocked me over w/a feather - and then I ended up being upset for a few days about NOT having a boy.  LOL

I'd love to have a boy, but I'd love to have another girl too.  Either way, I'd be happy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • This one is a boy.

I have trouble envisioning myself as the mother to a boy.  I love him already, and I'm not worried per se about being a good mother (anymore than I think is normal whenever you are pregnant/expecting a child), but I'm just kind of intrigued by the prospect of being a mother to a son.  I never really thought of myself as only having girls or anything, and I didn't experience gender disappointment or the like -  I just think maybe because I am a girl/woman it is easier to imagine what it would be like to parent a daughter? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SK, I swear this is like the third time you've read my mind and posted something similar to what I planning to post. I was thinking about this just this morning. Weird!

Anyways, before having B I always wanted a boy. I wanted the boy first and then I could have either a boy or a girl second and I'd be perfectly happy. As soon as I got pregnant though, I pretty much knew she was a girl. I had a really strong feeling right from the beginning and I was right. I can't imagine her being anyone other that who she is and I absolutely love having a girl, way more than I thought I would. I felt partial to boys for whatever reason, I don't know why but jumped on board with pink the minute the US tech told us.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just knew J would be a boy, DH's family has boys!  DH is one of 3 boys, his father 2, his fathers father 3.  I was a nanny for 3 little boys in college so I could picture myself with a boy of my own.  I don't really feel one way or the other with this one, but I have a feeling it will be another boy.  I'm perfectly happy with either one

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh and I will confess, when we found out that B was a boy at his ultrasound, there was a tiny split second I was a little sad that I would never have a daughter (since we are 99.9% sure we are done) but I got over that really fast and now I am totally ok with it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have two girls and one boy and I can honestly say I don't prefer having one over the other (I do NOT prefer teenage years though, lol). 

I was at DH's cousin's baby shower the other week and she knew she was having a girl. Everyone was talking about how wonderful girls are right in front of my SIL who has two boys and it made me so sad.  Raising a little boy was awesome--I loved going to the baseball games, seeing him dressed up in his little ties and really just hearing him call out "MOM."  I made a cake over the weekend and he took some to school yesterday. He came home and told me everyone was raving about it and he told them "my mom made it homemade"--it made me so happy that he still brags about his mom on occasion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've always always wanted little girls.  I had a tough time while I was pregnant imagining what it would be like to have a little boy and I always felt a little pang of disappointment when someone would predict that I was having a boy.

Deep down I always had a feeling I was having a girl but after hearing EVERYONE say I was having a boy I was shocked when they announced it was a girl when DD was born.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Interesting results, I always thought we had more girls on this board than boys.

I've always envisioned myself as having a boy. With this pregnancy (even with the last one) I was sure it was going to be a boy. I just never imagined myself as a mother to a little girl. BUT, now that I'm expecting a baby girl, I'm extremely excited to see the little lady she'll become. MH wanted a girl, and he was over the moon ecstatic when we found out.

For any future kids, I'd love to have a boy Smile

Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I never really had a strong preference one way or the other. I grew up with a brother and a sister and I always expected to have one of each. 

DH was petrified of having a girl.  Before I was pregnant with Evie he'd always joke that he was going to use his Jedi mind tricks to ensure that we only had boys.  I told him that talking like that would ensure that he was coaching the field hockey team in about 13 years. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Before I had kids, I had always wanted girls.  But now that I have my son, if we do try for another LO in the future, I will keep my fingers crossed it's a boy. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't I really cared either way, but now that I have one girl and another girl on the way, I'm really excited.

• I always saw myself as having a girl, I think because it was just my sister and I, no brothers. And we have two nieces, so I don't really have experience with boys at all. 

DH is one of two boys, so he wanted a boy. Now that we have a girl, he says it would be fine to have another girl because we know how to do it. I was shocked when he said that and he said he'd deny ever saying it if I told people he did. He's a real guy's guy. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm a big tom boy, so I was excited to have a boy! For #2, I'd like a girl, but I'd be happy with 2 boys. If I had 2 girls, I'd probably go for #3 for a boy haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have one of each. I really wanted a boy. I had no nephews at the time but having worked in childcare, boys were so much fun. Girls are as well but I really just wanted a son. 

DH really wanted a girl and then we got our girl. Our niece was very excited when we had C because she thought her brother was going to be a girl and she was bummed when he came out a he :) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I always envisioned us having a little boy, at least first.  I have only brothers, DH only has a brother, and I have 2 nephews; I know boys.  I knew that with my luck, this would definitively mean we would have a girl, and we did.  I was kind of a tom boy and still hate that all things newborn are blue or pink, but I have found some cute non-pink items, embraced the pink for the rest, and adore our baby girl. 

I do hope that #2 (whenever that is) is a boy.  I think brothers keep girls grounded.  :-)

IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageras26:

I always envisioned us having a little boy, at least first.  I have only brothers, DH only has a brother, and I have 2 nephews; I know boys.  I knew that with my luck, this would definitively mean we would have a girl, and we did.  I was kind of a tom boy and still hate that all things newborn are blue or pink, but I have found some cute non-pink items, embraced the pink for the rest, and adore our baby girl. 

I do hope that #2 (whenever that is) is a boy.  I think brothers keep girls grounded.  :-)

I know what you mean about the pink. We actually had a bunch of neutral clothes from B and we bought a lot of purple. We do still have pink(her jacket is pink) but we also found some really cute denim jumpers :) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I always wanted at least one of each. I didn't really picture myself as a mom of one more than the other. I worked in daycare and liked both. I have a much younger sister so I caught myself saying "she" when referring to the baby (we were team green) I think just because I was used to saying that talking about my little sister and our dog, haha. But I also have two brothers and grew up in the rough and tumble, busy, outdoors, etc. type family. Once we got pregnant I was pretty sure it was a boy b/c DH's family is almost all boys so when they said "It's a girl" in the delivery room I was shocked. I was THRILLED though, I know I would have been either way, but I think a part of me wondered if I'd ever have a girl because of DH's genes so I was glad I was able to have a daughter. :) Before I had her, I always thought I'd want #2 to be the opposite gender of #1, but now that I've had her I don't care about that. A boy would be awesome, I love my brothers. But so would a girl - I'd love for her to grow up w/ a sister close in age. 
  • I pretty much knew it was a girl. I always wanted a girl, but by hte time I got pregnant, I was just hoping for a healthy baby.

I really HATE pink and girly stuff. Usually, I don't put her in all pink or even mostly pink. Most of her nb stuff is gender neutral or boyish ( I like puppies). I figure that when she is older and can choose her own clothes, she can pick out as much pink as she wants. Until then, I get to pick.

For #2, I'd like a boy, but I'd be ok with another little girl. Assuming we have a #2.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"