Cincinnati Babies
Options

I hate our healthcare system

So, I just found I'm expecting again! Yeah!

Or so I thought, I do not have Maternity coverage on my insurance, unless I want to pay close to $6000 out of pocket. I qualify for Medicaid, but no one in the city wants to take it... I had my DD at Christ and then a miscarriage at 10 weeks, also at Christ. I love the hospital but the big groups of doctors associated with them will not take Medicaid. Now I think I will have to go to Mercy Fairfield, which isn't bad, but I just want great care so I can say I've done everything possible for this baby. 

I also want the doctors to take me seriously and not tell me to wait until I'm 8 weeks for testing, that's a bunch of BS! I want to get my levels checked so I can make sure things are going well and that I don't need progesterone or estrogen supplements. My friends have both had to take supplements to ensure a healthy pregnancy and now I'm worried I needed them last time and the doctor didn't check. 

Oh well, I guess it's a waiting game right... thanks for letting me vent.

Re: I hate our healthcare system

• Options

Call Dr. Harley Grim 931-3400.  I'm not sure if he takes Medicaid or not but he does see you right away when you get a BFP.  He will have you come in the very day you call for bloodwork if you've had a previous miscarriage.

He is in practice by himself and his staff is great.  He is located on Winton Road and delivers at Christ.  I had normal prog with DD (7 now) but had bleeding, he put me on prog. and I had no more bleeding.  He is very thorough and errs on the side of caution which I really appreciate.

I've had 2 miscarriages and he was very compassionate.  After my first miscarriage he even offered to do an early u/s just for my own peace of mind.  Unfortunately I never made it that far, but it was nice.

Also, when I had DD his youngest had just gone off to college.  He was obviously having some Empty Nest Syndrome as he kept talking about how quickly they grow up and telling me to savor each day.  Truly he is wonderful.

(I am now wondering why I even asked if anyone recommended any other OBs.  I'm definitely not switching.)

• Options
    Thank you very much. My last doctor was the least considerable person and just told me everyone has miscarriages, go home. I'll give Dr. Grim a ring.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The tri health nurse midwives take Medicaid as well I believe. I see them and love them. we had a high deductible insurance plan when I had our second and good Sam has lots of payment options so we didn't have to pay the full balance (over 4k) at once.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    A lot of hospitals have what they call an "OB Package" which allows for people without maternity coverage to pay a flat fee of $2000 to $2500 for the whole shebang (all pre-natal care, hospital, post-natal visit). They usually allow you to take care of your bill in payments as long as it is all paid before you deliver. The downside is that you generally don't get as much of a choice in your doctor but it can be worth the savings if you don't have a specific doctor that you want to use. I know Tri-Health (Good Sam/B.North) has this option. I think Christ Hospital does too.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"