3rd Trimester
Options

nip stim question...

If one pumps (or nurses if DD cooperates) in an attempt to induce labor (in order to avoid induction) will you lose out on colostrum? (I would freeze it to save but would it cause you to produce milk before baby gets to nurse with the colostrum?) Thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nip stim question...

• Options
    I would highly doubt it.  I have been nursing DD and my milk has still changed over to colostrum.  You body will make colostrum until you have a hormonal shift.  I believe the changes are all hormonal. If you haven't been nursing your DD, you could try pumping.  I know I pumped before my first baby and I never was able to get any milk out until after the baby came.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    no you will not lose out on colostrum. your body will continue to make it as needed. i've read a ton of breastfeeding books. my favorite so far is the womanly art of breastfeeding and also in ina may's guide to childbirth they talk about breast stimulation to start labor too. no bad side effects to the colostrum.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"