Austin Babies

NBR: White Tanks

Where do you buy your plain white ribbed tanks from? I have a really long torso, so all the cheapie ones I buy seem way too short after only a couple washings. I like to layer a lot, so I need the length. Or they stretch out like crazy. Or they're really thin and see through. I really would prefer racer-back styles too.

Any recs for a good white tank, or are my expectations just too high?

Re: NBR: White Tanks

• I remember old navy having some. Online for sure. Jcpennys online carries tall and long
    09/21/09 and 08/16/2011 image
  • I've bought Old Navy in the past and they stretch like crazy. I hate them after wearing them for a few hours.

Good idea about the tall selection, Rosie! I'll look online and see what I can find.

• Loading the player...
  • I swear by the Target maternity ones!  Liz Lange.  They're not baggy at all, just suuuuper long and great for layering.  I wear them a ton, pregnant or no.  I have a bunch of ribbed ones from last year but the most recent ones I bought are non-ribbed.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Target carries racer-back tanks: they're usually really long and I haven't found them to shrink up. I'm a shortie, and I can pull them all the way down to cover my butt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemlf625:
    I swear by the Target maternity ones!  Liz Lange.  They're not baggy at all, just suuuuper long and great for layering.  I wear them a ton, pregnant or no.  I have a bunch of ribbed ones from last year but the most recent ones I bought are non-ribbed.

Thanks! I will have to go check them out. So they're in the maternity section, then?

• I really like the Target Long and Lean tanks--if they fit my torso, I guarantee they'll be long enough on you! They are also thicker (less see through) than ON tanks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMrsRosie:

imagemlf625:
    I swear by the Target maternity ones!  Liz Lange.  They're not baggy at all, just suuuuper long and great for layering.  I wear them a ton, pregnant or no.  I have a bunch of ribbed ones from last year but the most recent ones I bought are non-ribbed.

Yes! mlf speaks the truth.  I remember this now.

Also, Google found: https://www.barenecessities.com/product.aspx?pf_id=HardTail498&source=glpa&term=HardTail498&cm_mmc=GLPA-_-Tank-_-HardTail498-_-NA&source=product-ads&mr:trackingCode=715F5D0D-E3B2-E011-87D9-001B21A69EB8&mr:referralID=NA&kw={keyword}&adtype=pla&mr:adType=pla&gclid=CN7R3oK_w64CFUJN4Aod9XI5TQ.

Whoa, that's a longass link. Sorry.

Yikes...$50 for a tank top? I love it, but I think my DH would lose it if I bought 5 of those, lol.

• I really like the Target Long and Lean ones, too.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Target it is! I will go there this weekend...and hopefully walk out with NOTHING but tank tops. That is a long-shot, I realize, lol.
  • They're not ribbed but I got a bunch of plain white tanks from Target for like $9.  They're the Merino brand and they're great.  I use them for layering when I wear leggings so they're long enough to cover my bum.
  • BFP#1 ended in a D&C 1/18/08 --- BFP#2 ended in ectopic with lap 4/2008---BFP#3 resulted in our beautiful twin boys born 3/6/2009! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Another Target long and lean fan here!  They're the longest ones I've found (that I'll pay the $$ for, that is).  I know people rave about the Liz Lange ones, but I HATED the ones I got - way, way too short.  I threw them away when I was 25 or 26 weeks pregnant.  They MIGHT cover the top of my pants if I weren't preggo.  Maybe I just got some defective ones, though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • imagelibbyann:
    Target it is! I will go there this weekend...and hopefully walk out with NOTHING but tank tops. That is a long-shot, I realize, lol.

Stay strong! lol... Sending you nothing-but-tank-tops vibes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"