Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Crawling, sitting unassisted, sitting up - which first?

I know that every baby is different and the order of these things is not really important.  I'm just curious.  DD1 sat unassisted, then got to sitting on her own and then started crawling.  She went from a sitting position to crawling, not from her belly up to all fours.  My Anna is sitting unassisted but hasn't gotten to a sitting position from laying down yet and is not up on all fours.  My Fiona isn't sitting unassisted that great and obviously hasn't gotten up to sitting from laying down but has been getting up on all fours for the last couple of days.  She just kinda stays like that for a few seconds and then lays back down her tummy.  I have a feeing she'll be crawling soon.  Just curius what order other babies did things.  Looks like I have quite a variety just between my girls!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Crawling, sitting unassisted, sitting up - which first?

• Options
    I was just chatting with a friend about this. Our girls are 2 weeks apart and my DD sat up assisted, then unassisted to crawling. Hers can barely sit up assisted, but is crawling everywhere. I actually assumed the order was always in the way that my DD went, but am finding out that isn't always true. Weird how yours are all doing it differently! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Nikolai sat unassisted first, then crawled then got himself into a sitting position.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagegymnst1013:
    Nikolai sat unassisted first, then crawled then got himself into a sitting position.

DS1 was in this same order and I think DS2 will also.  DS2 sits and I think is close to crawling, but is not anywhere near getting into a sitting position on his own. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our LO sat unassisted then crawled.  While she can get onto all fours she flops down and does the army crawl to get somewhere.  She's not gotten into the sitting position on her own yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First Clara learned to sit unassisted (around 6 months) and she recently learning how to crawl. She goes from belly to all fours, and also leans forward when sitting to all fours. She hasn't figured out how to sit up on her own yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My baby is probably the odd man out, but she crawled first. She suddenly started to sit unassisted and sitting on her own about a week after she started crawling. 
  • Options
    Caroline sat unassisted, then learned to sit herself up from lying down, then started pulling herself to standing, then (finally) crawled.  It all seemed very backwards to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO has been sitting unassisted but hasn't yet sat up on her own and isn't crawling yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"