Babies: 3 - 6 Months

More than one meal with baby food

Hello all !  When do you start adding an extra baby food meal ?  Right now we do baby food in between the 4pm and 7 pm bottle ( essentially while we eat dinner, with him at the table )  -- when do we start adding more ?

Re: More than one meal with baby food

• How much is your LO eating at the one feeding?  Our GI recommend doing 1 ounce, once a day for 2-3 weeks.  When she is consistently eating that, then do 1 ounce twice a day and then move up to two ounces at one of the feedings.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just upped his dinner meal to 2 oz tonight. DS just hasn't seemed satisfied the last couple nights.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just started adding in a morning meal. LO has been cleaning his 1 oz meal at night and so far is doing so in the morning as well. 

• I started with 1 oz around lunch time to be able to check for food allergies when he's awake.  I did that for about 3 weeks then added a second solid feed around dinner time with foods he'd already had (cereal and fruit).  He now takes about 1 oz at lunch and just over 2 oz at dinner.  I also nurse before offering the solids.  I think he takes more solid in the late afternoon because my supply drops a little at that time of day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"