July 2012 Moms
Options

What swimwear will you wear this summer?

Are you planning on showing your belly or will you wear a one-piece?  My parents have a lake house that we spend pretty much every weekend at and I can't decide what to wear.  Where is a good place to order from?
image image 

Re: What swimwear will you wear this summer?

• Options
    I have a really cute maternity tankini I got off of ebay when I was pregnant with DS, my friend used it last summer and I'm ready for this year.
  • Options

It's unlikely that I'll be in swimwear anywhere other than at my parents' house, so I will probably be rockin' the giant bare belly. I don't really care if they see my belly hanging out. If anything I already own fits (unlikely, since the ladies are GINORMOUS), I'll just wear that and save the money. I'm sure I'll need to buy something new just to fit the new T&A, but since it's just family, they can deal with my thunder thighs Smile.

If I should happen to be in some sort of public or hotel pool situation, I'll just reassess then. If I'm feeling body confident (which I am right now, for just about the first time in my life), then I'll probably still rock the bikini. Why hide it if I feel good about it, right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have worn a bikini with the past two pregnancies and will do the same with this one.  I just buy a size up, something kinda cheap like at Target.  I don't feel super hot, but whatever.  I am not into covering my huge belly with stretchy, shiny fabric. 

I usually wear a coverup over it or at least over my thighs.  :) 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I only wear tankinis, I am or thin enough for a bikini. I live in Florida and I am going to have to get one soon. 
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • Options
    Last time I was able to rock my regular bikinis, fingers crossed for that again but I bet as I get well into July light sun dresses will be over the bikini. Im good if people don't stare, once I feel like everyone is staring I get self conscious. That's the only downside to a bikini while pregnant - everyone wants to look at the belly. I'm guilty of it too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekitchencolors:

None of the above. If I go swimming I will be skinny dipping.

In reality I probably just won't happen to go swimming, but I'm sticking with my answer above as long as I can.

Yes

Forgot to add that I will be wearing cover-ups when I'm out of the pool, I'm sure. I've always done that anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Swimwear?!?!?  Um...no.
  • Options
    Going to FL on Sunday and just bought a tankini online at Old Navy.
    TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I live in FL, and will rock my bikini...and will post-baby birth too.  Even when I was super heavy -- like 30 lbs heavier than my prebaby body- I was confident enough to wear my 2 piece, and I detest having wet lycra on my body.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I will sport my bikini 100% !
  • Options
    Um nothing. LOL! If I did, it'd be one-piece for sure. I'd look like a white beached whale either way! lmao!
    Loving life's blessings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

I got this one piece from motherhood for $35 - its pretty cute on and it actually has good support for my boobs, which is rare for me in a bathing suit. I just can't do my regular bikini with my massive, pasty-white belly...

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=910820080&MasterCategory_Id=MC9

• Options

imagelynsimarie:
    Swimwear?!?!?  Um...no.

This

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSweetLittleThing:

I haven't worn a two piece since 7th grade....  so a one piece for sure :)

I'm having a really hard time finding a skirted one piece maternity suit though, so I may have to skip the pool at my parents for July.  

It's usually not warm enough to go in before then anyway, and who knows how I'll feel at that point ;) 

If you're comfy in a two piece, show the belly!!!

I got a skirted bottom from Target and really really like it!  I paired it with a tankini and it pretty much looks like a one-piece.  It's Liz Lange and online-only I believe! 

• Options
    Today was the last day of summer here (we go by the months not by equinoxes) and I think there was all of two days of beach/pool suitable weather in three months. The last few years would have been 90% or more days suitable for beach or pool, so it's certainly wierd weather. At least though it meant I didn't have to think about swimwear though :)
  • Options
    I have 2 maternity bathing suits from Motherhood Maternity from my last 2 pregnancies. If they fit, I'll be wearing them. Otherwise, I'll be buying another one from there. 
  • Options

Two piece bikini! I think my body is much more beautiful with less clothes on. But beware, i was told that the skin on our bellies will burn much easier because it is so stretched out. Maybe an OWT but I don't think i want to deal with a sunburn and a big bump while trying to sleep so...

bikini, lots of sunscreen and maybe a big sun hat.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"