Breastfeeding

Can't find my pump instructions....

Third time mom here with a dumb question..... my pump has been packed away since DS was 1 (so for 2 years)  I want to sterilize it before DC#3 gets here, but can't find any papers that came with the pump!  I forget, can it all be sterilized?  or am I not supposed to sterilize the tubes?  Do I put it in the dishwasher or boil all the parts? 

I know, experienced mom that I am, I'm supposed to know things like this.... but baby brain has kicked in and I totally don't remember what I did last time... ugh.... 

any help appreciated.  ;)

Re: Can't find my pump instructions....

• Don't sterilize the membranes, just hand wash.  The rest including the tubes can be sterilized.  I would either use the sterilizer bags you can buy, or a microwave sterilizer.  If not you can just boil them for 5 minutes. Oh and the my pump said not to clean the tube unless the had gotten milk in them(somehow?), since they do not actually come in contact with the milk they do not need to be sterilized.  Don't let water sit in the tubes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got a hand me down Medela PISA and I just googled the manual and Medala had the owners manual in pdf format on their website.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"