August 2011 Moms

Real estate games

So the board is slow and I'm able to play online at work today Big Smile. Anyone wanna play high-low real estate?

Go to a real estate website, copy and paste either the picture or the link of the most expensive house in your zip code and the cheapest house.

For example, here's mine from entering my zip into frontdoor.com and sorting by the highest price, then sorting by lowest.

Most expensive in my zip: $995,000

imageimage" mce_src="image">

least expensive: $64,000

imageimage" mce_src="image">

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Real estate games

• Wow Alisa, that 'high' is gorgeous!

How is the coast of Maine? Do you love it? It's on our list of places to visit (in the summer!)

• This is fun!!

I live in Los Angeles. Here's the most expensive house:
    $165 million

For $50,000 you can get an empty lot:

Or this condo in Crenshaw (yikes!):

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagealisap9:

We LOVE it. It's absolutly beautiful. We live in what they consider the 'midcoast' but as a tourist you would want to see the 'downeast' too :) If you came in the fall northern maine is BEAUTIFUL

We go out and fish in that cove that the high priced house is located in.. it's absolutly gorgeous!

Awesome, thanks for the info! We have to miss a wedding in Kennebunkport in August, but we are really interested in visiting soon. I appreciate it!

• I live in Manitowoc, WI (on Lake Michigan) we've stayed pretty stable with all the economic issues going on. 

Most expensive: $939,000 - 13.1 acres, on a small inland lake, property taxes over 10,000.

Least expensive: $24,900 - 3 bedrooms, propery taxes $1700.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ooooh I want to play, too.

$115 000 will get you a 2-bed 1-bath 650 sq ft condo around these parts

And for $1 695 000, you get a 5000 sq ft 4-bed 2-bath (+2 powder rooms) manor, complete with indoor jacuzzi and inground pool.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Most expensive- 3,950,000

Least Expensive 75,000

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in a DC Suburb and here is what COULD be yours in my zipcode...it hasn't been built yet but this is there proposed home.

A enclave of 4-upsacle,custom homes "to be built",floor plans range from over 5,000 to 11,000 square feet, all 3-levels, 3 to 4 car garages, media rooms,wine cellars, steam sauna's, vaulted/coffer ceilings, gourmet kitchen that will make most chefs blush,architectural accents,marble entries,elevator, 2- story great rooms,3/4 sides brick/stone construction, Builders model available for sale.

1.19 Million

And here is the first Non Foreclosure house listed with a price and pic.

2 beds | 1 full bath | 788 sq.ft.

$124,000

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  •  $950,000

3 Bed Baths:3 Bath House Size:2,784 Sq Ft Lot Size:4.88 Acres 

$9,900

2 Bed Baths:2 Bath House Size:2,200 Sq Ft

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • $5,000 4 bedroom, 1 bathroom 1313 sq feet

1108 S MILWAUKEE ST, Jackson, MI.

$550,000 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 7284 sq feet 

1840 LEXINGTON BLVD, Jackson, MI.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageSuesse2009:

$5,000 4 bedroom, 1 bathroom 1313 sq feet

$5GRAND?! Is it gutted?!?! Does it have termites and bees and mice and God knows what?! I could buy that house with my tax refund!!

And Duffgurl - $9,900 for that house you posted? And Betsy - $24,900 for that house?? Holy crap I'm living in the wrong state!

Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In my zip code, $12,500,000 gets you this:

7 bd 7 1/2 ba "EXQUISITELY DESIGNED EQUESTRIAN ESTATE BOARDERS PRIVATE GLF COURSE & CHERRY CREEK STATE PARK,8,600 SQ FT NANTUCKET SHINGLE STYLE HOME,SPECTACULAR GARDENS & STUNNING VIEWS,FULLY FENCED & GATED 33.5 AC,15 STALL BARN,FOALING BARN,INDOOR ARENA,GUEST HOUSE"

$40K gets you this exquisitely designed....empty lot:

Otherwise, $90,500 gets you a cute 2bd 2ba 908 sq ft ground floor condo:

Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagejennypenny1014:
    imageSuesse2009:

$5,000 4 bedroom, 1 bathroom 1313 sq feet

$5GRAND?! Is it gutted?!?! Does it have termites and bees and mice and God knows what?! I could buy that house with my tax refund!!

And Duffgurl - $9,900 for that house you posted? And Betsy - $24,900 for that house?? Holy crap I'm living in the wrong state!

It is a foreclosure in a not so great neighborhood.  There aren't any other pictures so I am not sure what the inside looks like.  

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagebetsy538:

I live in Manitowoc, WI (on Lake Michigan) we've stayed pretty stable with all the economic issues going on. 

Most expensive: $939,000 - 13.1 acres, on a small inland lake, property taxes over 10,000.

Least expensive: $24,900 - 3 bedrooms, propery taxes $1700.

Those property taxes make me want to cry.  I live in a 2bd/2b CONDO with absolutely no land at all and I pay almost 6k a year!  ::shakes fist at stupid NJ taxes::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"