January 2012 Moms
Options

What's going on with LO?

I would appreciate your input on my LO.  She has finished nursing for her typical time for 4 feedings now and immediately began fussing bad, arching her back and really upset.  This is worse than her typical fussiness and she has never been fussy after nursing. 

I've offered her to nurse again and she refuses, so I don't think she is hungry.  I've given her gas drops before her feedings just in case, even though I've ate pretty bland foods today.  She has spit up some today, a little more than usual, but that is the only change I can think of.  No bad diapers or gas.

I guess I'll see how the night goes and tomorrow, but something just feels really off for her.  Appreciate any insight or ideas of what else I should do.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's going on with LO?

• Options

I would guess it is trapped gas.  Try some warm pressure on the belly.  Massage the belly (clockwise and down) to stimulate the bubbles to move.  Bicycle legs and push them up froggy style to see if that helps.  Does your LO like baths?  They wound my dd up but relaxes ds.  So if they help to relax your LO, you could do that too, see if the relaxation helps the body to let go of the gas.

BUT if your gut is telling you something is off - call the pedi.  It can't hurt.

• Options
    She may just need to burp . My LO used to snuggle up on my chest after feedings and fall asleep almost instantly. She hardly ever burped and didn't need to. Now she fusses until she burps . She also spits up a bit more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO does this too. I think I've narrowed it down to be really, really tired. B/c when she acts like this and eats - she ends up throwing it all up (b/c she's not really hungry but just eats for comfort).
    DD1 January, 2009
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"