TTC After a Loss
Options

Semi-+ opk? & a chart stalk request

Just not sure which to enter... 

Yesterday AM I got a very clear positive opk. I tested at night after holding for about 3 hours (I tried for longer, but my bladders just not strong enough o hold the gallons of water I'm drinking!!!) and got a negative. This morning I got an almost positive, it wasnt as dark as yesterday, but Definetly darker than all the negatives I was getting before. 

So, negative or positive?

I would also like to AW my very clear ovulation dip on what is otherwise a roller coaster of a chart!!! (am also accepting guesses as to why my pre-o temps run so  high - I often check the temp vaginally and they are always about the same, so it's not open mouth or the like. I've searched hundreds of charts on FF and have only seen one or two with temps that get as high as mine so consistently in the FP)

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
<3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
 photo ellie.gifPhotobucket

Re: Semi-+ opk? &amp;amp; a chart stalk request

• Options
    Hmm, I would probably enter it as a negative since you got a very clear positive yesterday.  Can you show us a pic?  Not sure about your rollercoaster temps.  They are very sporatic!
  • Options
    I would say negative. I'm not sure about your temps, but at least you're seeing your shift.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would put down a positive yesterday and just type in the "notes" that you got a semi positive this morning.  A few more days you will get a clearer picture. GL!
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If it's not as dark as the control line, enter it as negative. Hopefully you get that temp spike tomorrow!
  • Options

If your OPK is not at least as dark as the control line, enter it as negative. 

As for your temps, are you temping at the same time each day?  Are you getting 3 hrs of uninterupted sleep before you temp?  Since you are temping vaginally, are you wearing the same sleepwear that is allowing you easy access without moving around a bunch, if you know what I mean?  If you aren't temping at the same time, are getting interupted sleep or are moving around more some days than others to take your temp, then that might explain the roller coaster temps.  If none of those things are going on, then, I am at a loss. 

As for your temps being "high", the fact that you are vaginally temping gives you a higher baseline than those who temp orally to begin with.  The commonly accepted average core body temperature (taken internally - vaginally) is 99.5 ?F. The typical oral measurement is slightly cooler, at or 98.6F.  Since it is more common to temp orally there are likely fewer charts on FF for a true comparison to your chart.  Also, some people just run a bit warmer than others.  My temp is usually a bit cooler than normal, but that's just me.  Everyone is a touch different. 

Don't get hung up on it, the important thing is temping to notice the thermal shift associated with O, if you temps are a bit higher, then your thermal shift will just be to a slightly higher temp than for others, but the degree of shift should be approximately the same as for everyone else. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"