Breastfeeding
Options

so I have mastitis..

All day I felt achy, tired, chills. soreness in left breast began yesterday and just got worse. felt engorged the entire time. Went to urgent care tonight and got a shot in butt and put on antibiotics for 12 days. I am pretty sure stress had a lot to do with it and I didnt pump when I probably should have yesterday.  Anybody else ever get it? any advice to help with pain ect.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: so I have mastitis..

• Options
    I am in your same boat right now.  Except it is my right one, I am now on antibiotics for 10 days.  I just you can say that this is a lesson learned.  :P  I still have some pain but have been taking Ibuprofen that the Dr gave me during my labor.  It seems to work a little.  Just try to relax and know that the pain will go away. 
  • Options

I've had it twice - switched pumps to a hospital grade Lactina rental and haven't had any issues since.. 

The best thing to do is not let the bottle of rapid release tylenol get too far away...  If you're on the 4x/day antibiotics that relates on a good schedule to popping two extra strength tylenol at the same time...  Also, keep pumping as many times a day as you can to get the clog out!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did you take any probiotics to prevent thrush in baby?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"