Nurseries and Baby Gear

Where did your infant nap?

We are thinking we will do a pack and play in our bedroom for night time. We have a two story home. Do you think I will just be able to have the baby sleep in a swing or bouncy seat at first (or in my arms!) downstairs with me or should I get another pack and play for downstairs?  I dont want to get the rock and play because I don't fully trust my dog to not knock it over.  Or did your baby nap upstairs in crib/pack and play? We are thinking we will transition into the crib between 6 and 8 weeks but I know that things always change once baby is here!

Thanks! 

Re: Where did your infant nap?

• LOL Em was a terrible napper - she napper on the boob - she would nurse to sleep and nap in my arms.  But i did just pick up a rock and play off craig's list and it seems pretty sturdy to me.  Unless our dogs are big, I am not sure they really would knock it over...
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Because my son napped so much (pretty much on and off napping all day long) the first 6-8 weeks, he napped in Rock N Play. I liked that I could carry it room to room with him in it if I wanted to.  After 8 weeks, most of time I would just bring him up to crib when he was ready for a nap. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We kept our swing in the living room and DS napped there during the day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• We have a 2 story home also with the mater and nursery upstairs.  We chose this PNP (https://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?sku=18736497&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping&ic_pl_id=143414417&ic_lp_id=22269613&cdid=5069 )

When LO came home from the hospital he slept in the cuddle cove for naps.  It was great b/c I could carry the cuddle cover from room to room with me w/o waking him. When he out grew the cuddle cove he napped in the basinet part of the PNP.  Now he is 16 lbs (1 lb over the weight limit for the bassinet) he naps in the bottom part of the PNP.  LO only sleeps in his crib at night when we are all upstairs.  Any other time he is in the PNP for naps.

• imagekatcarls:
    We kept our swing in the living room and DS napped there during the day.
    This. DD napped in the swing for the first 5 months.
  • DD always napped either in her swing or rock n play.  She would never nap in her pack n play.
  • LO naps in the original rock n play. Not one of the newer ones with all the fluff in it.
  • DH works evenings/weekends, so he's the SAH parent.  At first, DD slept on DH for her first nap, the swing for the 2nd, big nap, and on me for the 3rd nap when I got home from work.  Eventually DH got DD to nap in her crib.  We have a 1 story house.
  • imagekatcarls:
    We kept our swing in the living room and DS napped there during the day.

This! I don't think DD napped in her crib until she was ~4 months old. The swing was a lifesaver!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In the first few months before he was on a sleep schedule, he would nap alot of places. The PNP, bouncer, swing, the carseat in the car, or in someones arms.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In the early days, if she would actually nap, it would be on my chest, in my arms, in the baby carrier, the carseat, or the stroller.  Once we transitioned away from those things, it was mostly in her swing which was in her room.  We would just take the monitor with us and let her go.  Eventually we transitioned to the crib.  She would never nap in the pack 'n play if it was in a room with any human activity.
  • E napped in the RnP.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Until about 7 months, he would only nap in my arms or a swing. He napped terribly in his crib or PNP so it would have been a waste of money for us to get more than one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! This was very helpful! I will plan on being flexible and trying a variety of things- swing, bouncer, arms, etc. :)
  • From day one I made it a point to have him nap at least once a day in his crib. His other naps were all over the place. On my chest, in the moby, in his carseat, in the swing, in the bouncer, on the floor after tummy time, on the boppy on the couch next to me.....

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"