TTC after 35

waiting for some positive happenings.

At our last RE appt the DH and I had to get new blood work done as a begining workup for our IVF in Apr. So the nurse calls me today and says not to worry but something has come up in your bloodwork. I was silent.......the last time this happened my HIV test came back inconcslusive.......yeah that was a great few days having a freak out .....for no reason...why she just did not say we need to have the test done again.......however no HIV.

So back to todays call. She says you have a virus called CMV cytomegliovirus. We will not be able to move forward with the IVF until this passes as it causes serious birth defects. A retest in a couple weeks. Has anyone has this come up in a blood test or have exp. with CMV????

TTC since 2009 very frustrated 42yr and DH 40

5 cycles of Clomid with satisfactory response=BFN's
Fibroid removal Nov2010
IUI Clomid #1 Feb 2011...BFN..damn it!
IUI Inject's #2 Apr 2011...CANCELLED...low estradiol
IUI Inject's #3 June 2011...BFN
IUI Inject's #4 Sept2011...BFFN
Lap Dec 2011...severe endo..cyst removed..some remains...
IVF#1 Apr 2012 ....cancelled due to over suppression
IVF#2 July 2012....6 follies...only 1 retrieved....BFFN
surgery suggested to move ovary to an better placement but....we moved two time zones away and are financially and emotionally empty

Re: waiting for some positive happenings.

• I have no clue what that is or experience, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you at dealing with setbacks. They get very discouraging.
    Me- 37, DH- 32. TTC- June 2010- Adoption journey started April 2012 image
  • Awww man...I don't have any clue on this virus but I'm so sorry you have to maybe delay IVF. Obviously we don't want anything to harm the baby but why is it always when we are ready to start something? Hopefully everything all works out.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not familiar with that, but just wanted to post that I'm sorry to hear of this for you :(  I hope it clears up soon so you can move forward.  Will keep FX for you!

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• I have no experience with CMV, but I hope it clears up soon. 
  • No experience, but I'm sorry about the IVF setback.  
  • I looked it up when I was tested, and as I recall, it's pretty common in the general population, usually with no symptoms. I'm sorry you've hit another stumbling block. Are they having you see someone to try to treat it?

I hope you can get it cleared up quickly so that you can move forward!

TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"